Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Mania 2018 Summer Tour Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, Jan 19, 2018.

1. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Lake Effect Kid for the first time!

2. crash53456

Regular

3. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Love that they opened with Disloyal Order and played LEK, but no Church, HMTOD, or Bishops Knife Trick is incredibly disappointing.

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Can't believe they keep playing "Immortals"

chewbacca110 likes this.
  5. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

They cut AB/AP from their last overseas tour...should have stayed that way honestly. I can understand Immortals at least because of how popular it is, but they also had no problem cutting that from Wintour two years ago.

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Dang. I wish I could be a fly in the wall when they have their setlist meetings.

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait until they're two more albums deep and AB/AP starts getting the Folie treatment. No reason for HMTOD to not be on this setlist.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wow opening with Disloyal is so sick

9. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Wow, no Bishop, Church, or Hold Me Tight, but they're still doing AB/AP and Immortals?

heymattrick likes this.
  10. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Song sounds great, but the crowd couldn't look more dead.

11. heymattrick

Sending my love

Welcome to a FOB crowd in America in 2018. Not to mention the video shows the front few sections of the audience, which are mostly VIPs and the expensive tickets.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If they just dropped AB/AP, Y&M and Champion for Church, Heavens Gate and Hold Me Tight that'd be perfect

And throw in A Little Sixteen Candles or Take Over

13. God Uma Thurman is such a bad song. I'm not a big fan of their new stuff, my girlfriend is, but that's the only song that's unbearable.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I've never liked the Munsters sample in Uma Thurman, but the verses are fun.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I do think they will at least add the other two Lake Effect Kid EP songs for Wrigley. I'm hoping for a few more, but I guess it would really be old deep cuts and not other MANIA songs which is what is really missing for me.

16. heymattrick

Sending my love

So this will be the first time they didn't open a major tour for an album with the #1 track off the album (Stay Frosty). I love Disloyal Order but opening with it in 2018 seems weird to me. I would've swapped the piano Young & Menace for Bishops Knife Trick, and no Church or Hold Me Tight is strange. Especially because I thought AB/AP and Immortals wouldn't stick around.

Anyway, this is why I try to keep expectations low with FOB setlists these days. I know the show will be fun and all their songs mean so much to me so I will enjoy it regardless.

17. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

General thoughts:

- Probably the best time I’ve ever seen FOB, sounded great and production was cool.
    - Seated shows are weird
    - Too many concussions for me. I don’t do well with pyro bc of my anxiety disorder and it was unbearable at times for me personally. Stay Frosty had like, 10 of them in total. I almost had to leave, it just got annoying.
    - the B and C stages were very cool
    - Opening with Disloyal was fun, but I didn’t think it was the right choice as an opener. There weren’t even any visuals for the song, just the FOB logo behind them.
    - So glad to also see Thriller back in the setlist
    - still so surprised they didn’t play Hold Me Tight considering it got some radio play???
    - Almost the same show and production as the last tour so if you went to the first leg, it’s very similar with the exception of a few songs. Visuals, B Stage songs, everything was the same iirc.

DisloyalOrder and heymattrick like this.
  18. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, HMTOD was getting play on pop and alt radio and climbing slowly before it vanished (or seemingly pulled) from one week to the next. It's strange.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I was worried it'd be pretty much the same show as the first leg. Mainly the only reason I'm going is to see ETID play in an arena

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

Who would have thought 2018 Fall Out Boy would be opening with Folie and closing with TTTYG

Blink182Bouncer and young&menace like this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well I agree on Folie, but at this point I can't imagine FOB ever not closing with Saturday.

young&menace likes this.
  22. marceting

Trusted

I can't wait until ETID joins the tour to rips these kids minds to shreds.

bachna84, MegT585 and ryanfears like this.
  23. heymattrick

Sending my love

Let’s be honest...they will be playing to a half-full arena and people will be sitting down. Doesn’t really matter who the band is in this scenario. They’re the first opener on a fall arena tour. The FOB crowd is dead enough as it is.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

FTFY