Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Mania 2018 Summer Tour Tour • Page 11

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

Chicago did not sell out but had a massive crowd I’d say 95% full

2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I just found out today my 10 year old cousin flew in from NYC for the Wrigley Field show for his birthday present. Small world I guess, lol.

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

The box was empty when we went through the MANIA Experience. (Spoilers to follow) It was cool, I suppose, but I think they ran out of time and weren’t able to finish the Experience. There were no remixes whatsoever from what I heard, they were just playing the album on shuffle throughout the building. In the merch store, they were playing older FOB songs and the bathroom was LEK themed. There was not an area for each song though - Stay Frosty, Last is the Real Ones, Champion, and Bishops Knife Trick had no display.

The Wrigley show was amazing. Too many great things to say. Only set change was moving LEK up earlier and adding Chicago Is So Two Years Ago. That moment was surreal. Patrick told a story about how he and Pete used to live nearby and would jog by Wrigley occasionally. Seeing them play TTTYG songs (and 3 of them, for that matter) in a stadium was insane.

4. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

From the pictures I saw there were headphones in the upside down bedroom. Were they just for decoration?

chewbacca110 likes this.
  5. heymattrick

Sending my love

The black ones did not work but my friends said the white ones were playing something. They said Wilson was playing through it.

DisloyalOrder likes this.
  6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Also, we had to pose and take a photo in the tiled room at the end where someone wrote “TAKE IMMORTALS OFF THE SETLIST YOU COWARDS”

7. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha that's great. They got their wish at least.

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

They played Immortals

9. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I guess they forgot to include it in setlist.fm.

10. heymattrick

Sending my love

When I checked setlist.fm this morning, they actually had it listed twice. It was played right between AB/AP and Lake Effect Kid.

11. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

They must have edited it again then. The way it is now looks like LEK took Immortals's place.

The show looked like so much fun from the videos I've seen. Still hoping to witness Chicago Is So Two Years Ago live one day...

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

I didn’t care so much about it at first because they played it in Chicago on Wintour and I had seen it a few times back in the day. But until I was singing “Until your breathing stops, forever” in that crowd last night, I was then hit with goosebumps. Such a proud moment.

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

No they played immortals I was there

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Last night was easily my favorite Fall Out Boy show. It was so surreal seeing them in that setting and I was with such a great group of people I was having the time of my life. Great setlist and seats too. Still my only real wish is that they had played Hold Me Tight and Church

15. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

wait who was the surprise guest??

16. heymattrick

Sending my love

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Wrigley shows + The Mania Experience was such a blast. I fucking love my city.

heymattrick likes this.
  19. heymattrick

Sending my love

I love your city too. Thanks for having us!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  20. eight30

Regular

Last night's show was great! The lack of Mania on the setlist was strange but looking at the setlist I guess there were 5 songs from it. I also appreciated Disloyal Order. When they were on the lifted stages it had the date/location and also "oswld th lcky rbbt", what does that refer to??

21. Blink182Bouncer Sep 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2018)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Oswald The Lucky Rabbit is a character that was the predecessor to Mickey Mouse, back before Walt Disney seperated from Universal Studios. I believe he had a studio in Kansas, but since that date is on Friday idk what the reference is.

22. eight30

Regular

Oh duh. My date was Orlando, so I get the connection now. I didn't see any pictures from any other dates so I didn't know it was a rotating thing and I thought I was missing something! Thanks!

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  23. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Orlando was amazing. The four were all so energetic.

24. m32137

Regular

Had a blast last night in Orlando. We got our tickets on Groupon for $30 each after fees and they ended up being in the literal second to last row in the farthest section from the stage. We couldn’t see any of the screen during GCH because of the hanging C stage. We ended up going to the guest services desk and they were giving out upgraded tickets to people in those sections. So the rest of the night we were in the lower bowl in the back corner. A perfect view for the rest of the night and FOB was incredibly close to us when they came to the B and C stages. This was our first time seeing them and we were blown away by the production.

25. heymattrick

Sending my love

I haven’t had a chance to post my thoughts because I’ve just been so physically and mentally drained this past week. But I saw them headline Music Midtown in Atlanta on Saturday and it was one of the best performances I’ve seen from them. We got the whole MANIA setlist (minus the drum solo and Lake Effect Kid) but there was something about the setting that just made it magical.

First and foremost, the GA crowd. People were moving, dancing, jumping up and down. And singing LOUD. Completely different vibe from their headlining shows (which is kind of sad, actually). PATRICK WAS ON FIRE. I mean, Jesus. He was so energetic and was clearly having such a good time. He could not stop smiling. Pete was also noticeably less stern-faced than usual. Such a great show.

I’ve been nervous the last year or so because it kept feeling like they were losing their spark. But both the Wrigley and Music Midtown shows I went to were easily the best performances I’ve seen from them in years. I love this band.