Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Finish Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pete Wentz confirmed in a recent interview that Fall Out Boy are currently mixing their new album:

We’re done recording, officially! Which is pretty awesome. We’re just in the mixing stages now. Now, we’re just mixing and mastering the songs, which is really exciting. This didn’t seem like a place we could get to six months ago. It’s really cool to be here. We finished recording, maybe last week.

2. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Stoked. Fall Out Boy always find a way to bring it despite constant adversity - even from big fans like me sometimes. Champion and The Last of the Real Ones have me really excited.

3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'm really excited for this album :)

4. DearCory

Regular

They announced the album less than 6 months ago, and said it'd be released on September 15. His statement doesn't make any sense, and makes me think the whole thing was a ploy. They knew good and well the album wasn't going to be released until January from the get-go.

5. This is ridiculous.

6 months ago they talked about how the album was "about half done" and figured they'd finish it in the next 5 months. Then they decided to scrap a bunch of stuff, so then it wasn't going to make the deadline and the pushed it back.

Joe4th likes this.
  6. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Looking forward to hearing the next single he talks about

7. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

January seems so far

Turkeylegz likes this.
  8. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Yeeeeah I don’t think an artist would purposefully plan a big tour centered on an album that they knew wasn’t going to be out until after, among other logical reasons.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Really hope that they tapped into the creative ethos of Last of the Real Ones...it seems like it's making the biggest impact and is the most liked. I'm not that concerned that this will have at least a few jams.

I really want this to be the post-hiatus Folie a Deux without the commercial and fan backlash

Bryan Diem likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would love nothing more than this (Folie is their best if you ask me) but I highly doubt it. Especially after hearing “Young and Menace”.... woof.

“Last of the Real Ones” is ok but sounds like every other FOB track (post Folie). It follows a very standard formula and here’s to hoping the band changes it up but I don’t see that happening.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Its more wishful thinking than anything, but I'd wager that Last of the Real ones is probably my favorite post-hiatus single. The one thing that's keeping my spirits up is that I generally tend to find FOB's pre-release singles are among my least favorite songs on the album, and the fact that I take to LoTRO more-so than others is boding well.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  12. ZeoVGM

Regular

Can't wait to hear this album, as the three songs released so far have been great.

They're the most consistent band around, as far as I'm concerned.

13. Man, I really liked Young and Menace and really did not like the other two tracks after they sunk in, so I have no idea how to feel about this record. I hope it's good.