Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. GEM37

She haunts the roads

satelliteskin likes this.
  2. satelliteskin

ok

^Also, it's not rare for bands to walk back on previous "I'm never reuniting with x" or "we're never gonna play z ever again" statements.

Not at all holding my breath but just sayin'

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

But unlike those two bands, FOB doesn't need to fall back in nostalgia. Same reason blink or All Time Low haven't done a full album tour. I'd for it to happen but it won't.

heymattrick likes this.
  4. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Can't remember the article, but ATL did say they were looking into the possibility of doing So Wrong, It's Right shows this year, and that if that wasn't gonna happen they would at least try to incorporate more songs from that album onto their current tour.

Though I personally would prefer a Put Up or Shut Up show.

5. satelliteskin

ok

GEM37 likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

so wrong its right also isn't leagues different than their current material

beachdude42 and Joe4th like this.
  7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

And then they backtracked and said that they would pay more attention to So Wrong, It's Right on this upcoming tour. I figure that means they will play 3 or 4 songs off of it.

They did play Put Up Or Shut Up at a show Starland Ballroom in November 2015.

8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

All Time Low's sound hasn't changed too far from those first few records, but the depth of the songwriting has taken a big hit imo. A lot of the lyricism on PUOSU and SWIR was pretty impressive for an out-of-high-school pop punk band.

Turkeylegz and GEM37 like this.
  9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

The Starland show was announced as "An Evening with All Time Low" with no mention of Put Up. I think there could be some album shows on this upcoming run and then maybe a full tour of it?

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I doubt they do a full tour since they have a new record coming out and they'll need to promote that.

I could see a small hometown show or two where they do it in full, but probably not much given the timing.

pauljgreco likes this.
  11. heymattrick

Sending my love

Weird, have honestly never heard of him/them. FOB has almost always picked artists that I've known very well

Brent likes this.
  12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Oh bummer I thought they'd pick someone I'd be at least kind of excited to see getting a gig as big as FOB opener (like Misterwives on the most recent Panic tour) but they picked Blackbear instead

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

Lots of tickets still available for pretty much all shows on the tour. I can still find lower level tickets in search for the shows in several cities. Also noticed Young & Menace is down to #161 on iTunes. :teethsmile:

14. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Methinks they gambled too much on that single. I don't mind the EDM breakdown but the song just lacks a head-turning hook which has always been their staple.

satelliteskin, heymattrick and Brent like this.
  15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully the tour tanks and they go back to smaller venues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Frenzyofdeceit and fbrrocks like this.
  16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Kinda fucked up to wish for, right?

17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Whooops. Large shows blow. Call me conceited. I miss seeing them in smaller, more intimate venues than places with seats that leave you in an awkward position to enjoy a show. I'm not sure how old you are, but I've been seeing them since 2003. Sub 500 capacity venues all over the country. Yes it's great seeing them continue to make music/be successful, but why not do a small venue tour every now and then again for the hell of it if you're really about music and not the money?

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I would looooove a small venue tour for sure. I just meant that I wouldn't wish for them to not be successful. Hopefully they do a small run sometime soon!

Brent likes this.
  19. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

They've been playing arenas since 2005, doubt that will happen. If this next album has a soft landing, they'll probably take a break to let nostalgia build up (again).

pauljgreco likes this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think it's really preemptive to make any assumptions about the performance of the album that doesn't come out until September or the tour that doesn't start until October.

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

It is, but compared to the tour/album launches of other bands doing similar tours, it's definitely a slower start. I'm thinking Twenty One Pilots and Panic's last album and tours, both launched pretty massive and the tours sold quickly. This new FOB era barely started two weeks ago and it already is fizzling.

22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

But both of those bands had albums out, or at least multiple singles in the case of Panic. The Weezer tour obviously was different because it was a co-headline.

beachdude42 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The era hasn't even really started we're still in the "pre-era" if you will. Until we have track listing a couple singles, the album is finished, this is just them letting people know they're coming. It's too early to tell where Young and Menace will end up on the charts, but even if it flops there could still be massively successful singles coming after. It just feels silly to think a band that has been as massively successful as Fall Out Boy is suddenly about to flop because one song released wasn't an instant hit and their tour isn't already sold out. We have a lot of time left to see how this turns out.

Frenzyofdeceit and beachdude42 like this.
  24. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Once football season starts back up we will all be tired of hearing Young and Menace.

25. satelliteskin

ok

what does that mean for those of us who are already tired of hearing it