Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour • Page 7

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Will back that sentiment on I Don't Care. Any other song on Folie or post-Folie would be more entertaining than that song.

mattfreaksmeout and fbrrocks like this.
  2. mmcd323

Regular

I'd like to see them play fourth of July on this tour

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I think they should just play Take This To Your Grave in full.

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Thank god that's not happening

5. mmcd323

Regular

I support this 100%

6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm so glad that will never happen

7. SPine

Trusted

I don't understand The Take This to Your Grave hate. I'd rather that than anything after From Under the Cork Tree

oldboot likes this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It's aged in the worst way. I can barely listen to it anymore. Everything they did after was much more interesting and enjoyable.

9. SPine

Trusted

Pop punk doesn't always age the best haha. I still love it, it's what got me into Fall Out Boy when I was younger. I liked Save Rock and Roll but hated the last album

10. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I don't hate TTTYG but I certainly don't want to sit through the whole thing (and definitely not at $70 per ticket).

11. red8ge

Regular

i think TTTYG is a great thing as it is, aged in amber as a record. i do not need to hear a 33 y/o pat stump singing "i want to hate you half as muuch as i hate myself"

heymattrick likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea honestly this is probably the biggest problem with the whole thing. Like there are certainly songs on there that I still enjoy, and that will always be a good time to throw on and jam out to with friends, and if they want to throw one or two into the set once in a while for old time's sake, that's cool, but for them to do anymore than that would just be a strange thing.

It's just not an album that I'm ever really going to sit down and listen to from front to back anymore. But it is important for me to note that I was pretty late to the FOB game, so I definitely understand that some people have strong attachments to the album I don't have.

13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I can't believe people are STILL doing this "Play TTTYG" shit.

14. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Yeah guys, Fall Out Boy should totally play trite teenage revenge songs that 90% of an arena crowd won't know! Stay punx!

15. devenstonow

Noobie

heard an ad for the tour on the radio this morning. interesting that it didn't have young and menace; it had centuries, uma, and sugar(!) playing in the background

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah TTTYG is not a good album

beachdude42 and Joe4th like this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I would drop an insane amount of cash for a mid-sized Folie tour. I think they'd be surprise by the response...but it's an emotionally turbulent record for them to play so we'll never get it

18. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Damn Folie is just so damn good I really believe it was ahead of its time. I don't understand how it got such a bad reaction from fans when it came out.

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Because people didn't understand what FOB was at the time...and they kinda still don't

20. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I had to google it, and I dont know if I know any songs from it.

21. It's their best album

22. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Believers Never Die Part II tour had one of the best lineups (Metro Station aside probably), then FOB hit the stage with such a strange production (the old men in suit outfits?!?!) and the crowd just didn't get it. I loved the setlist, lots of Folie songs, but you could tell they weren't into it anymore and I think the crowd could see that.

Saw Tiffany Blews get played for the first time in Denver! They actually filmed both Denver shows, was going to be released on iTunes or something, but never was. The 2nd night wasn't close to sold out so that may have had something to do with it.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Tickets are on groupon for half off.

Turkeylegz and heymattrick like this.
  24. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

A little off topic...but From Under the Cork Tree came out 12 years ago yesterday! Where has the time gone?

25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

and on groupon, there are no service fees. nice.

Turkeylegz and Brent like this.