Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Being able to go to the bathroom is the best thing ever. Not going to lie about that.

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Tried to get tickets during the Mailing LIst pre-sale for Barclays but really don't feel like inhaling dick from the upper level for the show. Will try general on sale.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

ONE OK ROCK is only opening the first four Linkin Park dates (7/27-8/05) and they are signed to Fueled By Ramen.

4. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I got my tickets via pre-order code yesterday, and I was sort of disappointed by 1. how expensive they were and 2. the fact that I couldn't get floor seats. My seats are fine, no doubt, but it seems weird to not allow floor seats to be purchased. Regardless, this will be my 10th FOB show so I'm happy.

5. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

It was like that when I saw them in a club in 2013 lol

6. red8ge

Regular

yeah three record cycles ago when the band just got back together

7. heymattrick

Sending my love

The first Save Rock and Roll tour that was in smaller rooms definitely had an intense crowd. Sharp drop off afterwards though on the arena leg and on Monumentour. I feel like they're just going to end up being a summer amphitheater band going forward.

8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Everything here is accurate.

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

I felt like their setlists were getting really stale at the end of SRAR and during Boys of Zummer but I thought Wintour's set was pretty good, so I'm excited to see what pans out for this tour.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  10. red8ge

Regular

genuinely hope they retire saturday

11. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

I hope they never retire Saturday, though Pete should stop any attempt to scream.

12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

At this pace, they'll be able to have a full set of just hits in 4-5 years (and that will only include like 5 songs pre-breakup).

13. SPine

Trusted

The only time I saw FOB people started leaving during Saturday

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

To be fair, the vast majority of people who still go see FOB shows care far more about new-era stuff like "Light 'Em Up" and "Centuries" than anything off of Infinity On High or Take This To Your Grave.

heymattrick likes this.
  15. btr

Trusted Supporter

The set list for that tour was perfect Fall Out Boy Setlist at Rapids Theatre, Niagara Falls

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

17. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I know it's been said a page or two back, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they only played 5 or so songs pre-break:

Dance, Dance
    Sugar, We're Goin Down
    This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
    Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
    I Don't Care

If they left any of those out of the set, I'd be a little surprised (but I really wouldn't mind). That set from 2013 looks pretty awesome, but when the next tour starts, they'll have added AB/AP and MANIA to their discography. I guess they'll eliminate their older non-singles and probably cut AB/AP songs they play to 3 or 4. Or they could play a longer set :P

Hopefully with one opener (it seems), they'll play 20 or so songs.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  18. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I'd be happy if I never had to hear I Don't Care live ever again. It's the worst song on FAD and the only FAD song they play anymore, go figure.

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Crazy how the worst song on Folie is better than half their discography

pauljgreco, fbrrocks and JaytotheGee like this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed but I would rather hear that song than almost anything post Folie

tumbleweedterror likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's not that I don't like the song, but I definitely agree, I think it's just kind of ok. I'm mostly just burned out on it live, because it doesn't have the gut punch nostalgia of some of the even older songs they consistently play, nor the freshness of the newer songs. I'd much rather here Disloyal Order, What a Catch, 20 Dollar Nosebleed, or even America's Suitehearts. It doesn't even seem like a song that the people who go see them for the hits really care about that much.

22. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Totally agree, it seems to get zero crowd reaction, especially as we get further away from FAD. I don't think Disloyal Order would get much reaction either to be honest, but it's a far superior song and I personally like it way more. Nose Bleed is the best song but they only ever played it on that tour with Panic, and even then they only played like half of it. I hope no matter what direction they decide to go in, the setlist is at least more unpredictable and interesting.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

They played Disloyal Order on the last tour and it was the highlight of their show. From what I saw it didn't appear that most of the crowd knew it, but it had a huge applause

heymattrick and tumbleweedterror like this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My biggest concern is honestly cutting AB/AP. I've only seen the 5 they played on Boys of Zummer, so I've yet to see The Kids Aren't Alright, Fourth of July, Jet Pack Blues, etc. and I'll be bummed if they cut all those (but they probably will). Also hope they add in Favorite Record one of these days.

25. fbrrocks

Trusted

i agree any other song off folie would be better then i don't care and that's my fav album by them