Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I saw them at Metro for their PAX AM album release show a few years ago. Maybe they could do something like that?

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea that's what I'm thinking (I was there too, such a good time). I think that will be their RF involvement. And then they have to have something bigger than that planned so that everyone can come. I think they even said they have a couple things planned. I've seen the idea of a Wrigley show thrown around somewhere, which I definitely think is possible.

heymattrick likes this.
  3. TMS2787

Trusted

Maybe it'll be Basmenet. Lol. They are on FBR now.

i'm just kidding when I say that. I really don't think it'll be them

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. SPine

Trusted

Did not expect my chainsmokers comment to spark such debate. I've been on a mini vacation for the past few days so I'm catching up on all the threads. It was just a funny guess haha. Didn't mean to start a wild rumor. Sorry chorus

5. TMS2787

Trusted

I made jokes about it because it was in the perdictions thread too and people ran with it.

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Several people on the FOB reddit took it to be truth also. I thought it was unlikely when I first read it here, but then again I thought the same thing when it was rumored Wiz Khalifa was going to open for FOB a couple years ago.

7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

But it was clear from the start that it was fake since the Wiz Khalifa co-headliner was announced WITH the tour announcement

8. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I know they're a big time "pop/rock" band now but it IS a little disheartening having them play arenas with a seated floor where the good seats are only available as VIP packages. That's like some Maroon 5 level shit.

heymattrick likes this.
  9. heymattrick

Sending my love

Agreed. When you make the super expensive VIP seats up front, the band isn't playing to the diehards that know the words to every song and super into the show. You have a lot people that won tickets, got gifted tickets, etc. It kills the vibe a little

10. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Panic! at the Disco's latest tour was the same. No M&G with VIP, no GA. Wonder if it's a management decision.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

For that tour, there were specific elements of the tour that could not have worked with a GA venue. It's certainly possible Fall Out Boy's will be the same.

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

You mean Brendon walking through the crowd? I don't think that would be a solid reason for making the whole show reserved.

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

you guys talk like the band sets the prices and seating arrangements

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I mean they DO pick all the cities themselves. And drive the buses to those cities. And cook catering.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

pff you think FOB drives buses?????
    what peasants do you think they are???

MysteryKnight likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea that and the whole This Is Gospel thing, and just little touches. I don't know I think at arena shows with a ton of production, a little bit is taken away if the entire crowd on the floor is just distracted by trying to get to the front. I guess there's just a difference to me between a band getting on stage and playing songs and someone who's putting on an entire show they want their audience to be more attentive too. I think Panic!'s show justified the seated venue because they did some really cool things. I would imagine this tour will be like that as well.

Collins likes this.
  17. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

One OK Rock are touring Japan with Linkin Park in November, so if they're playing, it might be on the first half of the tour.

18. TMS2787

Trusted

It was said that was the reason it was seated for that and the other thing he did in the crowd. At the GA floor shows (there where a few) it wasn't done the same.

19. red8ge

Regular

real talk, do you think there would be Moshing and Crowd Surfing like it's warped 04 even if it was GA? fanbase is completely different now

20. oldboot

Regular

Anyone have the pre-sale code?

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

No, you're right, and same with Panic!, they became a lot more mainstream and mainstream crowds don't like the GA setting, especially at a big arena show. I'm sure that had a lot to do with heading in this direction. When it's parents taking their kids instead of just the teenagers going, it changes it a lot. Even as I'm getting older, I'm not as upset about not having GA because I don't have to show up as early and I can leave to go to the bathroom as many times as I want (or need to). Wow I feel old.

22. heymattrick

Sending my love

"MANIA". I don't know how they came up with it.

23. oldboot

Regular

Hahaha thanks! If nobody responded with a code my first try was going to be MANIA! What were the odds.

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I do. I pre-ordered the vinyl but there isn't a Chicago date. PM me.

25. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Just got two tickets to the Cleveland date! With fees and everything it came to a little over $160.

As mentioned above, the mailing list presale code is MANIA