Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I can't imagine being pit at a Fall Out Boy show and everyone just standing still. I'm not even talking about like pushing and all that, but I'd at least expect a level of jumping around, some dancing, and maybe a goofy attempts at mosh pits or something. It's nice when other people seem excited to be there too. I don't know what's so crazy about wanting to dance around and get into the music.

It all depends on the show. Definitely not looking for much crowd movement if I'm at a Pinegrove show.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the best bands are those that don't need the crowd to truly blow you away
    sufjan stevens put on two of the best sets of a lifetime and one of them was all seated one of them was a festival set with a lil dancing

pauljgreco and Joe4th like this.
  3. TMS2787

Trusted

I'm only here for the siq Atilla mosh doe bruh

pauljgreco, Joe4th and cwhit like this.
  4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I would expect them to drop Saturday. And even if the crowd is boring for FOB shows, it doesn't help that the band has also been pretty boring every time I've seen them

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'd expect far more at a pinegrove show, at least when it comes to jumping and excitement on songs like new friends and angelina and stuff. there's a big sense of companionship amongst people who don't know each other at songs like that
    i mean like for songs like sugar we're going down, what else is there to do other than like, jump a bit? it's the same sort of thing.

6. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

If I were a betting man, set would include the following (not in order):

Saturday, Sugar, Dance Dance, Sixteen Candles, Arms Race, Memories, I Don't Care, Phoenix, My Songs, Alone Together, Young Volcanoes, Centuries, Uma Thurmans, Irresistible, 6 new songs

oldboot likes this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I guess. Idk when I saw them it was definitely more low key. My point's just that I look for different things from different shows. Pinegrove is a much more personal, gut-punching thing for me. I'm more content to just feel the music at the show. Fall Out Boy songs definitely make me want to move around, I'm usually with a bigger group of friends there and looking to really let loose.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd bet they only keep Sugar, Dance Dance, Memories, Arms Race and I Don't Care pre SR&R

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I agree, but I'd add Saturday. I really don't think they'll drop that one yet. Maybe though.

10. Frobert

Regular

If you're talking about the show in Tinley a couple years ago, I totally agree. Paramore was great but that FOB was one of the most boring "rock" sets I've ever seen. But I guess that's expected when a band moves from the pop-punk scene into the Top 40.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Seems like the time to do it. I respect that they still close with that and I think it'd be really cool if they kept it but I think this will be the time finally.

I wish Cleveland didn't have the first date so I could see a setlist before going haha I don't think I'm gonna risk it anyway though

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea it is really cool of them to still do it, but I guess it might be about time. I don't even love the song on it's own, but I just love when they close with it because of what a staple it is. Like the one consistent thing about FOB. It'll be interesting to see for sure. My biggest concern is honestly them cutting AB/AP songs though, so I'm probably in the minority there.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  13. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Got 2 to Barclays. Should be a fun show

14. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Seats on the floor at Barclays?

15. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Yea in F6

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Cool guy alert!

17. TMS2787

Trusted

Joe4th likes this.
  18. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I'm planning on going to the Cleveland show with my wife. Neither of us have ever seen them live so we figured we'll fix that!

I know potential openers have been discussed a little bit, but who do you guys think would be a realistic opener for this tour?

Anyway, we're going regardless of the opener, just a little curious as to what everybody thought. It'll be kind of cool to go to the first date of the tour, but I also wouldn't mind to have an idea of the set list going in haha (even though we probably know 80% of it now)

19. heymattrick

Sending my love

OK "Fan Presales" where the only seats available are at the back of the arena is really grinding my gears... I didn't really need to buy a bundle from the webstore for that.

Did manage to get a pair of floor tickets on the aisle for Denver, although the back half of the arena not the front half. We should be right next to the catwalk though.

Also scored a single seat to the St. Louis show, also on the aisle on the side of the stage. Stoked to go to two dates.

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I think a DCD2 artist will be one of them. Maybe Max.

bachna84 and kidinthebushes like this.
  21. heymattrick May 1, 2017
    (Last edited: May 1, 2017)
    heymattrick

Sending my love

I dunno if it's worth mentioning, but the poster specifies SPECIAL GUEST TBA not "guests", which I find interesting. FOB is not typically a "one opener" band.

I had heard rumors of The Chainsmokers but I don't see why, they're doing an arena tour of their own already.

I'd be down for Bleachers!! Perhaps Walk the Moon as they will be releasing a new album likely this fall.

bachna84 likes this.
  22. Joshua

Regular

They opened for one ok rock recently in Japan and they're on fueled by ramen so would they be a realistic opener?

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'll be pissed if it's Bleachers, just because this tour isn't coming to Chicago. I'd have to go to St Louis if Bleachers is on the bill. (But I think Jack will have his own fall tour plans).

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Someone else pointed out that the album comes 9/18 which is the first day of Riot Fest. Official after show maybe? Bleachers is playing Piqniq in a few weeks.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I know, but they specifically said that this tour is NOT coming to Chicago and that something else is planned, so I was just saying I'd be pissed if Bleachers was the opener because they most likely would not be opening the Chicago date. I don't think Bleachers is the opener though.

I also don't think they'll actually play Riot Fest. I think they'll play a RF aftershow that Friday as an album release show somewhere like the Metro (like Taking Back Sunday did last year), and then they have their own plans for Chicago, because I don't see where they fit on the RF lineup without bumping a headliner, which I don't see happening.