Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

.... and I know Im getting old when I send a message to daughter saying 'What do you think of the new song? '

And she replies - Which one: FOB, Paramore, or Blink?

She knows more than me now... sigh.

Damn kids... shotgun.. lawn.

JRGComedy and Ben Buchnat like this.
  2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Not sure if it is M_A_N_I_A or M_A__N__I__A.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Pre-listening to single: You know what...I'll go to this. I haven't seen Fall Out Boy in a couple of years and it might be nice to see them again.

Post-listening to single: Oh wait haha never mind

4. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I don't see them playing Riot Fest. The only headliner they could bump is Jawbreaker and I don't see that happening. Riot Fest would piss off a lot of old punks.

I'm guessing it's a ballpark show. Comiskey is open the weekend of Riot Fest so I can’t see them competing. Wrigley is open the week after that. Unless they want to take on Riot Fest head-on they’re doing a show the week after at Wrigley.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe Thursday night before Riot Fest

6. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That's an option I hadn't considered. Could do Comiskey on Thursday. Let's face it - they're doing a huge place in Chicago.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like either of these scenarios a lot, although the night before Riot Fest would make one long weekend.

I really do hope it's not Riot Fest, because they'd pretty much have to be competing against NIN, Queens, or Jawbreaker at that point, and I don't think I could justify seeing FOB over any of those. Only worried cus last time they skipped Chicago because they were doing something special, it did turn out to be Riot Fest.

8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

It won't be. They announced their headliners and FOB isn't closing out a stage with someone else closing out the night.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Is Jawbreaker still around????

I used to play 'Boxcar' on my radio show... LOVED that one...

10. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Playing Sunday night of Riot Fest.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Not "still" around, they're back around, as of now for just one show at Riot Fest.

12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Wow. Thats a name from the past....

Next you'll tell me Superchunk is back too.

pauljgreco likes this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not going to attend anything they do but it'd be cool if they did Thursday

I saw Superchunk at Riot Fest 2 years ago I believe.. Maybe 4 haha

14. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

* rocks faster in the damn rocking chair *

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. TMS2787

Trusted

Mannnnnnn. That single is soooooooo bad. I'm flooded by how awful it is.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  16. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

I was also thinking it might be nice to see FOB again after a little while.....then I heard this new song. Oh boy

17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Depending on the openers, I may head up to Seattle for this.

18. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I can't skip this tour 'cause it'll finally make my 10th FOB show, but I'm really hoping support is great. I'm cautiously optimistic about the album, I like the single, but the FOB live show has definitely lost steam since the SRAR comeback tour.

tyramail likes this.
  19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

...superchunk has put out two records this decade...
    two very good ones in fact

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

After listening to the new song, The Chainsmokers as an opener makes even more sense.

21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Maybe, but I really really hope not.

22. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

The Chainsmokers are NOT opening this tour. They are doing arenas on their own, what would the point be? And, as stated above, as sad as it may seem The Chainsmokers are likely likely moving more tickets than FOB is in 2017.

tyramail and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  23. TMS2787

Trusted

The Chainsmokers opening the FOB Fall Tour is the new a pop-punk band is announcing they are breaking up discussion.

Also. The new song is (still) really bad.

24. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

As if FOB couldn't try any harder to please their radio audience. New song is awful.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I must be listening to the wrong mainstream radio songs. Can anyone point me to which ones sound like this? Because I'd love to hear them if they're anywhere near as good as this, but I can't think of any.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.