Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour • Page 16

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. RoughLandingSully

What has love become?

I'm pretty sure it's the main tour poster, but damn is it fancy.

2. RoughLandingSully

What has love become?

Yep. I imagine if they had kept going on that glitched stage, they would of lost their minds. It was already showing signs of affecting the band haha. FOB immediately went back to the main stage.

3. TMS2787

Trusted

Fall Out Boy was just announced as a part of “Jingle Jam” at Express Live! in Columbus… a 2,200 capacity venue. Granted there are three other bands and it’s a radio show they probably won’t play a entire headlining set but still cool.

4. SPine

Trusted

FOB played the same type of show there a few years ago. The 1975 opened, I may go because Dua Lipa is opening

5. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

They're also playing Z100's Jingle Ball in NYC. Crazy that they are now being pitched exclusively to the Top 40/Adult Contemporary crowd.

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

That is a monster lineup! Way better than the last few Jingle Balls. The only issue I have is with these shows, almost everyone but the headliner plays like 4 songs. I know it's a lot of acts on one bill but it kind of cheats the fans in my opinion.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

that's been going on since even before the reunion, lol

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea FOB playing radio holiday shows is not new at all.

9. TMS2787

Trusted

I’ve thought of Fall Out Boy as a top 40 radio band for over ten years now, lol.

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Cork Tree was the last time they were probably not a Top 40 band. "Sugar" and "Dance Dance" were huge, no doubt, but they were still firmly planted in the rock world. IOH was the big shift.

11. heymattrick

Sending my love

To be fair, their headlining set on the MANIA tour is only 21 songs and less than 90 minutes, so these radio shows won’t be *significantly* shorter

12. TMS2787

Trusted

It’s radio show, they’ll most likely play 60-70 minutes. Twenty to thirty minutes is pretty significant.

13. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

For what it's worth, I saw them do two holiday shows in NYC in 2015 and they played 13 songs at each of them.

14. TMS2787

Trusted

That was my point: 13 songs vs. 21/22 songs seems pretty significant to me. I’m assuming the show was a super stacked line-up? This one really isn’t.

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

They had a 60 minute set at Rock in Rio earlier this year and cranked out 15 songs. Radio shows are not exclusively 60 minutes, I find that headliners tend to average closer to 70 mins because they typically get time for an additional encore. So possibly 15-17 songs. From this setlist, that would probably mean dropping Hum Hallelujah, Save Rock and Roll, Expensive Mistakes, and probably either GTA or Immortals. I guess “significant” is subjective but it’s not like we’re talking a KROQ show in LA where they’d only play 45 minutes.

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone going to GMU tonight? Really not looking forward to Blackbear or Jaden Smith beyond the novelty factor, but the setlist at least sounds pretty fun for FOB and having a seat means I'm not stuck if Blackbear really is that bad.

17. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Blackbear definitely was “that bad” in Cleveland!

Hope you enjoy the show though! It was a fun time overall

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. meggers

Trusted

Nothing,nowhere. are opening in Tampa instead of Jaden Smith.

johnnyferris likes this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

What in the sweet hell is Blackbear. If it was instrumental only it might be ok but this guy is the absolute worst. That song about his dick makes me want to punch something or cringe completely out of my body. Forever grateful to the ASL interpreters for giving me something to focus on that isn't him directly.

bachna84 likes this.
  20. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

People in my section were going nuts for him. I don’t get it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21. cwhit

blackbear is my sister's favorite artist

22. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Yeahhhhh, he’s also a giant tool as a person. He sucks across the board.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The weirdest thing to me about Blackbear is that he has a collab project with Mike Posner? I can't figure that guy out at all (Mike Posner)

24. cwhit

it's because he's cooler than you

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I hate and love this comment a lot at once

heymattrick and cwhit like this.