Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour • Page 15

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Not that the setlist image *really* gives anything away, but I’m really hoping there isn’t the opening duo of Sugar/Irresistible again. Would love to see something fresh in that spot. I thought Champions would have worked, or Real Ones until I saw how they arranged it live with Patrick on the piano. We shall seee! 3 more hours.

2. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Hum Hallelujah is on the set. In the setlist pic with Expensive Mistakes, you can see the last 'H.'

Turkeylegz, heymattrick and bachna84 like this.
  3. heymattrick

It seems really early for that song, and it was also on the Wintour setlist. Still a great “non-single” so won’t be upset at all if that’s what it is.

Jaden Smith just finished and...wow. I miss GA. I miss tours like BND Pt 2 right now. Haha

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

BND 2 was such a great tour. Went to both the Chicago and Milwaukee dates of that one.

Very interested to see what your thoughts are on tonight’s show.

heymattrick likes this.
  5. heymattrick

I will be sure to share. 7:49 and no Blackbear yet. Although the crowd is going nuts for the “Death of a Bachelor” music video playing on the screens.

bachna84 likes this.
  6. TMS2787

Trusted

I can’t handle much more of this. Jesus. Lol.

bachna84 likes this.
  7. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Oh my god. I feel so old.

heymattrick likes this.
  8. bachna84

I didn’t realize that blackbear was so popular. People in my section were going nuts for him. I guess it’s just not my thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

heymattrick likes this.
  9. heymattrick

Wow. Amazing show. Standard setlist, but still amazing. Heck yeah for VIP front row of your section not showing up so you have extra room to dance.

Turkeylegz, bachna84 and Daniel182 like this.
  10. TMS2787

Trusted

The Phoenix
    Irresistible
    Hum Hallelujah
    Sugar, We're Goin Down
    Alone Together
    Immortals
    American Beauty / American Psycho
    Centuries
    Save Rock and Roll
    The Last of the Real Ones
    Young and Menace [Patrick Piano solo]

-B-Stage-
    Humble / XO TOUR Lif3 / Reign in Blood / Congratulations / Song 2 [Drum Solo]
    Dance, Dance
    Expensive Mistakes
    Thnks fr th Mmrs

-A-Stage-
    I Don't Care
    This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
    Grand Theft Autumn / Where Is Your Boy
    Champion
    ___
    Uma Thurman
    My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light 'Em Up)
    Saturday

Turkeylegz and bachna84 like this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

so was Y&M a stripped back version? That's a little disappointing but I guess understandable

12. heymattrick

Totally ok with it. It was just enough of Y&M

13. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Centuries that early in the set is wild to me

bachna84 likes this.
  14. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

How was expensive mistakes?

15. heymattrick

Honestly, nothing memorable at this point. I remember enjoying myself during it but can’t remeber anything specific about the song.

The whole show kinda felt that way. Had a great time, but there wasn’t anything all that different or special about it.

16. Turkeylegz

Trusted

That's funny. Out of the 6 our so times I've seen them, this was far away the best. I feel like the production was also far better than ever. But it was a pretty standard setlist. I'd kill for more than 1 or 2 back catalog tracks.

17. TMS2787

Trusted

Tonight was my eighth (or nineth) time seeing Fall Out Boy and my first time since Riot Fest 2013 (I’m not sure why I missed the 2015 tour) and I enjoyed the show. It was far from perfect but it was a good time. The production is pretty good and there’s a ton of fireworks & lights, the way b-stage(s) go up and down was cool. At times Patrick sounded really solid, at times he didn’t. I also felt like sometimes the band wasn’t fully together but I know that has always been my gripe with their shows. During American Psycho / American Beauty they all sounded sooooo bad. The new song was very meh to me and completely forgettable. All I remember about it is the video playing and my girlfriend saying “It’s like Grand Theft Auto”, lol. Pete said they delayed the album because they wanted to give the possible effort to the fans they can but after now hearing four songs and only kind of liking one I feel like this album is doomed.

Patrick did mention he missed all of the rehearsals due to family stuff so with that and it being the first night of tour I think they did well. I enjoyed a lot of the videos that played in the background. Including the “Centuries” with Colin, Ali and other NFL players, it was as good of a setlist as anyone who currently follows that stuff could hope for. They really put a lot of time and effort into the stage show which I appeecaited and it was a lot more pyro, lights, confetti, etc than I can ever remember them having. The long stage cat-walk was a nice touch and everyone utilized it enough so people not super close could feel close. I liked that aspect of the set. A lot of seats where cut out due to staging and alot of the upper bowl I believed was blocked off while the crowd seemed to be a decent size there was a good amount of noticeable empty seats.

Overall, I thought they put on fun, flawled and sometimes really good set. If you are thinking of going to this tour I’d say do it if you can swing it. But if you are debating getting there right before FOB I can’t stress enough to do that. Anything and everything that has been said about how terrible BlackBear is, is true. Everything and I mean every single thing that could be wrong with a performance: him, his band, the lighting, the sound was bad. It was truly a train wreck but people seemed to love this guy.

Jaden Smith wasn’t much better either. I felt bad for him because he’s trying so hard but he’s just not good at all. I was curious to see him live and I’m glad I got too but if you aren’t like me and going for the novelty of it beeing Jaden Smith - go to the bar, go shopping, grab dinner, don’t leave work early, stay home later and get to the venue at 8:30, lo.

Turkeylegz, bachna84 and heymattrick like this.
  18. bachna84

My wife and I had a pretty good time! We thought blackbear was terrible, kinda wish we would’ve just walked around during his set. The background videos were pretty cool. Not a lot of surprises in the set. I was kinda surprised that they played centuries so early and they had not been playing grand theft autumn/where is your boy every show, so that was nice too!

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Last night was much better than I expected. Jaden Smith wasn't great but nowhere as bad as Blackbear. And all the high school bros by me were loving it. It was truly maybe the worst opener I've ever seen

FOB set was definitely solid song choice wise I really expected it to be worse. I thought it was funny that they didn't play Young and Menace full band or the full song
    Also when Patrick said "A lot of you won't know this one but if you do sing along" I thought it was going to be a new one but they played Grand Theft Autumn I was stoked but had to roll my eyes lol

Also cool that they still close with Saturday even in that environment

bachna84 and Turkeylegz like this.
  20. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I wish I could like this post a million times. He was ungrateful and obnoxious. My cousin told me he was amazing live so I was really excited. Needless to say, I was beyond let down. His fans were the worst, too.

heymattrick and bachna84 like this.
  21. heymattrick

By the way, I totally forgot this happened until just now but right after the intro video and before The Phoenix kicked in, they put "Please silence and put away your cell phones" on the screens

JaytotheGee and Turkeylegz like this.
  22. bachna84

Ha, yeah and pretty much every person ignored it

heymattrick and Turkeylegz like this.
  23. RoughLandingSully

What has love become?

Last night in St Louis, the boys may have had their worse performance of dance dance ever. The sound was delayed and glitchy on drums, the guitars were all clean and were not getting distortion and no one could hear eachother. They were all yelling frustrated and confused. Patrick carried the song great vocally, But the B Stage was not used like the band planned to use it. When Pat got back up on stage he was sweating and moving so bad. I really hope this doesn't happen to the boys every show!

The concert minus that was fantastic and if you want to spend 40 dollars for the tour poster, it's holographic. Pretty neat.

heymattrick and Turkeylegz like this.
  24. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

That sounds rough and I feel bad for the guys. Hopefully it was a beginning of the tour glitch that they can correct sooner than later. I'm guessing it was just for Dance Dance?

25. oldboot

Regular

Is it unique to each show or just a general tour poster?