Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

It's going to be a long summer.

2. Drew Baldy

Trusted

That's kind of weird that you would already be tired of hearing it. I haven't heard it played on any of the local radio stations at all in my town.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

4. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

That's a real bad and misquoted headline.

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

AltPress loving that click-bait!

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

"Do you think Jaden could become the next Kurt?" seems like a really distasteful line to me. Obviously they mean musically, but I don't know for some reason it rubs me wrong.

Like what Pete said here though. It's definitely true that rock music needs to update itself to remain culturally relevant.

7. MegaButterfree

Regular

Hoping to go to the Boston show. It'll be my 1st time seeing FOB!

8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Debating if I want to go to Seattle for this. I love FOB but that's a 3 hour drive for just one band and I might be too much of an oldie to justify that haha.

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I just realized I have a wedding the day this is in Detroit. Damn.

10. Frobert

Regular

BuzzFeed just posted an interview with Patrick and Pete. One of the questions was about what kind of songs we could expect to hear on the upcoming tour. Pete's answer was interesting...

"I mean, I'm gonna be...gravely honest. We've been a band for over 15 years, and some places we've played the city 20-plus times, and you're playing in an arena where there's, like, some hardcore fans, and hardcore fans from like 10 years ago, and so it's quite a task to try and put a setlist together that's gonna please everybody. But at the same time, I think the thing that we've all said we wanted to do more and be better about is, like, kind of rotating songs a bit."

Pete Wentz And Patrick Stump Play With Puppies While Answering Your Fall Out Boy Questions

11. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Good points from both Pete and Patrick. While sometimes it does feel like they play the same stuff over and over, I also get that you have to play the stuff that goes over well.

I think something that bums me out about Fall Out Boy compared to other bands is they have so many songs that they've just never played live at all. Pretty much every album has at least 2 songs on it that never saw the light of day live, not even once.

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

A small, short "b-sides" tour would be sick

13. satelliteskin

ok

I actually liked this interview.

That specific part stood out to me too... I wonder if they have something up their sleeve or if he was just fucking around. Patrick's head snapped up so fast right when he said it so it's left me wondering

14. Grato

Regular

I think people kind of forget how big Fall Out Boy really is now. They've basically become an arena band as two different bands considering how different their music is post and pre-hiatus. Acts that huge tend to not do things that aren't paying their (probably huge) bills for their lavish lifestyles. They may still care about those songs, but their priority is first and foremost selling out arenas, which they can totally do.

beachdude42 and heymattrick like this.
  15. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Pretty much the same reason they don't need to do a TTTYG or FUCT tour. They don't at all need to, they can fill arenas doing what they're doing.

16. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I know this is a dumb question, but does anyone know about any ticketmaster codes or other ways to get tickets to these shows. I really want to take my daughter to the show in Atlanta for her birthday/getting all A's on her report card, but the fees on ticketmaster are killing me. I really regret not jumping on the tickets when they were on sale on Groupon. If anyone has any alternate ways to buy tickets that would be a little cheaper or knows of any codes that might work I would greatly appreciate it.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Buy them at the venue to get rid of fees

18. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Could also wait til close to the day of show. Shitty seats will likely sell for under face via SH and/or if you want to go the CL route. Not sure what city you're in though as larger ones tend to have more demand.

19. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Just saw a commercial for the Cleveland show and it said the album was available now.

20. fbrrocks

Trusted

Can the chainsmokers get announced already lol

JaytotheGee likes this.
  21. jrock920

Regular

blackbear is coming up huh

22. btr Jun 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2017)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

"p.s. part two is coming Chicago" was added on to this

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I knew they were gonna pull some shit like this once I leave Chicago. Bullshit.

24. Cgarnsay

Trusted

If you can, go to the venue and get them the fees are usually gone.

25. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

They could have done better than HOB. Oh well.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.