Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy / Blackbear Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 27, 2017.

1. kidinthebushes Apr 27, 2017
    (Last edited: May 5, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

10/20 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
    10/21 - Saint Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center
    10/22 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
    10/24 - Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
    10/25 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
    10/27 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden
    10/28 - Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center
    10/29 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
    11/02 - Fairfax, VA @ EagleBank Arena
    11/03 - Charlotte, NC @ Spectrum Center
    11/04 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
    11/05 - Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena
    11/07 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
    11/08 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
    11/10 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
    11/12 - Seattle, WA @ KeyArena
    11/14 - Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena
    11/15 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
    11/17 - Inglewood, CA @ The Forum
    11/18 - Phoenix, AZ @ Talking Stick Resort Arena

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

No Chicago date.

3. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    Here's the poster

kidinthebushes likes this.
  4. Frobert

Regular

Clearly doesn't line up with Riot Fest so what would be the hold up?

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Album release show?

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The Q seems way too big for this, I'm sure they're expecting the album to do very well so maybe. Don't like the song at all and probably will skip unless there's a solid support

That's very odd, I really doubt they play Riot Fest

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

kidinthebushes likes this.
  8. Frobert

Regular

Not even really a big FOB fan anymore. I think I've been holding out hope that we'd get TTTYG in full one last time before they moved on. Zero percent chance of that happening at this point.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

No doubt they have something planned for Chicago. The album drops the Friday of Riot Fest, so I feel like they'll definitely be doing an aftershow (like Taking Back Sunday last year). I don't know if I can still see them getting added, but the possibility is there I guess, I hope not though.

10. TMS2787

Trusted

I wonder who support is (I hope its not The Chainsmokers) on this because last time they played in Cleveland they did the Wolstein Center. Surely, they've had a few big singles since then but I don't know if they'll fit it. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If Fall Out Boy and the Chainsmokers ever do tour together, it would be the Chainsmokers headlining.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think so

13. TMS2787

Trusted

This debate went on in the perdections thread. That wouldn't be the case.

14. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

It would be a co-headliner if anything.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I know them touring together was discussed, I didn't see the debate about who would headlining. We'll just have to agree to disagree, but the Chainsmokers are like a top 10 artist in the world right now who crank out hit after hit.

Agreed that it could be a co-headlining, but it's an extremely hypothetical situation that wouldn't happen for a long time anyway (or at least certainly not until next year).

16. TMS2787

Trusted

They have had hits in the last year. Just two years ago they where playing to a 100 people. I saw them at a college fest and everyone left before they played. Fall Out Boy has been pumping out hits for 10 years. Currently popular? Sure The Chainsmokers are currently more popular but Fall Out Boys fan base is broader and wider. The Chainsmokers are most likley a fad band*. If it happened it'd be a co-headliner for sure but FOB would close. Those are just opinions on this thigh.

(*But then again I thought FOB would die out too.)

pauljgreco likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean I saw them in 2015 to a sold out show of 5,000 people, before any of their newer hits. The Chainsmokers are exactly where trends are heading. Guess we'll have to wait and see (or never actually know haha).

18. TMS2787

Trusted

Fair enough. Maybe they'll have the longevity of Fall Out Boy or maybe they won't. Who knows. I'm old and washed so I am probably wrong. Lol

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well part of it is that a buddy of mine has been super into them for a long time, so I've kind of watched them continue to grow and get to where they are now, so it's not like they came out of nowhere.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That was my first thought. Also, last time they played in CLE, they played Wolstein, which had two very big openers (Panic! and Twenty One Pilots) so they better be pulling some big openers on this tour to fill arenas.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  21. TMS2787

Trusted

It's not but people seem to think they did. #Selfie and Kanye where both pretty big.

22. Chase

CAF

So stoked that the tour starts in Cleveland.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yep I don't even think most people realize at this point (or remember) that Selfie is actually them. But yea those 2 and then Roses really cemented them.

24. TMS2787

Trusted

I'm not sure if I know that song. I'm not really a fan (I don't hate them as much as some do) but I'd probably know if it I heard it.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

So - who's opening? And how much are tickets for Boston... lol!