Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Are Still Confounding Haters by Refusing to Be Pigeonholed • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Walkabout

Regular

Agreed. The new music is catchy and all but it has no staying power whatsoever. It's just trendsploitation. Then they're obviously shooting for the kind of stadium anthems (Centuries, Last of the Real Ones, Immortals, Irresistible) that will get them played on NFL commercials. All those songs with vaguely, "We Will Rock You" lyrics. Folie A Deux is absolutely their best and most complete album. They a singles band now.

Analog Drummer and AllenRicketts like this.
  2. The non-singles on the last two albums have been really good.

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Favorite Record the GOAT

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

no I've never heard of Michael Jackson or Coldplay

5. CoffeeEyes17

U probably think AB/AP is one of the most impressive pop albums hahahahahahahahahahahaha please educate ur self on the classics before you dare attempt to discuss pop music again simpleton

Brb moms got my hot pockets all cut up for me and a nice glass of milk but after I get done I’ll continue Owning™ you kiddo

6. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

7. sukottokairu

Regular

i feel at this point, they are no longer a rock band, and are now a pop group.

carrytheweird likes this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Whoa this is new and insightful

Raku, Joe4th, Kingjohn_654 and 2 others like this.
  9. sukottokairu

Regular

i'm not trying to make some big statement, just saying that this article refers to them them as a rock band, but they are just, past that point now and don't really seem to be wanting or trying to do that anymore.

10. CoffeeEyes17

You catch on quick

11. sukottokairu

Regular

yup, i'm really pushing forward the conversation here, go me

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. ZeoVGM

Regular

Nope. I don't agree.

I think their best albums are Folie à Deux and AB/AP.

14. Muzick

Agree with you. Stay strong with your opinion, regardless of the “nope” and “incorrect” reply’s you get.

Analog Drummer and AllenRicketts like this.
  15. Muzick

I hear you, but empathy for an artist is much different than interest or enjoyment of their recent “artistic output”. Believe it or not, you’re capable of handling both emotions at once.

AllenRicketts likes this.
  16. Muzick

What the fuck does this even mean? Are we so up in our own internet assholes we give these type of reply’s?

17. Muzick

This is THE best comment regarding recent FOB. If you enjoy it, awesome. But god damnit their newer shit is REALLY “sell out” worthy.

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

[​IMG]

19. jeff.dart

Regular

I can't believe how much they have achieved over their career. It's been great to watch them continue to find success with each album, despite the significant change in sound. I love watching a band challenge themselves and their fans, and kind of just doing whatever they think sounds good to them.

Turkeylegz and heymattrick like this.
  20. heymattrick

Sending my love

This was a fun thread to read so far, as is any thread where we discuss “new FOB”. They’re a very unique band to me as they’re one of the few remaining bands that I’ve grown up with since high school that are still around now, and I still love them as much, if not more now, than I did then. (Panic! is probably the only other band that fits this category for me).

I had an epiphany when I flew to Cleveland last week to see the 1st night of their tour. I’m so glad I went, because seeing that setlist on paper before going may have changed my outlook. It didn’t matter what they played, or what the new songs sound like. They hit the stage and this intense feeling of pride came over me. It would be easy for me to take a spectators view and be able to praise or criticize everything they do from the sidelines. It’s been easy to feel like “they’re not the same” or that they’ve headed in the wrong direction and have lost what made them special. But in that moment when they hit the stage, it all came rushing back to me that being a fan of this band has always been something so special to me. Each new album and tour they do reinvigorates me and I immediately fall into a whirlwind few weeks where all I can do is listen their whole back catalogue over and over, and also try and move around my life so I can figure out when/if I can catch another show on the tour.

Mr. Serotonin and Turkeylegz like this.
  21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I don't like FoB because their music has just become very bland and uninteresting to me for 3 albums, regardless of what genre it fits in. Don't really revisit the earlier work anymore either given the info I learned of Wentz after high school.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

got some super edgy posts up in here

Joe4th, Jason Tate and dylan like this.
  23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Is this in response to me?

24. CoffeeEyes17

25. DesolateEarth

Birb

Used to love these guys in high school, but I've definitely grown out of their earlier stuff. It doesn't interest me anymore and has not exactly aged well. Then you have their newer stuff that doesn't interest me from a musical direction. I appreciate what they are trying to do but I don't like it personally.

This band is full of good dudes that I hope continue to find success, but i stopped caring about their music a long time ago.

carrytheweird likes this.