Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Announce New Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Fall Out Boy have announced a massive tour. Tickets go on sale on January 22nd.

[​IMG]

8/29 – Uniondale, NY @ NYCB Live, Home of The Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
    8/31 – Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
    9/1 – Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
    9/2 – Buffalo, NY @ KeyBank Center
    9/4 – Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center
    9/5 – Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
    9/6 – Grand Rapids, MI @ The Van Andel Arena
    9/8 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
    9/9 – Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
    9/11 – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
    9/12 – Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center
    9/14 – Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum Complex
    9/16 – Orlando, FL @ Amway Center
    9/21 – Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
    9/22 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Chesapeake Energy Center
    9/23 – Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center
    9/25 – El Paso, TX @ UTEP Don Haskins Center
    9/26 – Tucson, AZ @ Tucson Arena
    9/28 – Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
    9/29 – Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center
    9/30 – San Jose, CA @ SAP Center
    10/2 – Boise, ID @ Taco Bell Arena
    10/3 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Vivint Smart Home Arena
    10/5 – Lincoln, NE @ Pinnacle Bank Arena
    10/6 – Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Arena
    10/7 – Indianapolis, IN @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse
    10/9 – North Little Rock, AR @ Verizon Arena
    10/10 – New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Two straight tours without any northwest dates kinda sucks.

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Right? So bummed.

4. tomtom94

Trusted

I know Tim was in a band with Pete and Andy but the thought of Rise Against supporting Fall Out Boy is still weird given their respective musical directions.

5. dzyjay

Regular

Even though this isn’t coming to Canada I love that every time I die is on this

6. ARo24

Regular

Would be really weird watching ETID and then MGK after. Decent tour though I’ll put it on the maybe list.

7. Is it that weird? Rise Against makes a radio rock equivalent of Fall Out Boy's pop.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

YO FALL OUT BOY RISE AGAINST AND ETID ON THE SAME BILL HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE

all 3 of those bands mean a lot to me in very different ways

Penguin likes this.
  9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Rise Against is only on one show, with no indication that ETID will be playing that show.

10. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i wouldnt be able to see them anyways and i kinda figured they wouldnt be on the same bill but i appreciate you taking time out of ur busy schedule to shit in my cereal

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The fuck?

12. tomtom94

Trusted

My thought is more RA's latest is for the most part the closest to retro hardcore they've been since their debut and FOB have gone deep on the electronics and the trap influences. (Not a comment on the quality, just the divergence)

Put it this way it looks like a line-up that would have been perfect a decade ago. Well, except for Machine Gun Kelly. He can just fuck off.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  13. Eh, I would definitely disagree there. I think that album's pretty much garbage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think these two Chicago bands make sense to play together in Chicago. I dunno, I just don't think it's weird.

14. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I hope MGK asks Rise Against to play with him on that awful cover of Swing Life Away he did, and RA tells him to fuck off

15. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Didn't they just play Seattle a few months ago? Wasn't worth it to me to drive up there, but if they did Portland I'd probably go.

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Glad I caught them right after they reunited in a smaller venue cause they keep playing these massive shows that are a bit too far for me. I'd go to boise but idk if I wanna do the weekday show thing and drive all that way and back, espesh with the time difference.

17. marissalg

Trusted

If ETID or Gym Class Heroes are on my date I’ll definitely go to this.

18. heymattrick

Sending my love

They definitely played Seattle in November. I don’t know if Boise technically counts at Northwest but that’s on this routing. Portland is a surprising skip though, I’d say

19. marceting

Trusted

ETID opening is BONKERS and I love it

20. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I feel like ETID must be playing the Buffalo date, it makes most sense.

And nice seeing GCH on there! Buffalo would also make sense for them but I believe Travis lives in NYC now though he's been back home in Geneva a few times these last two months.

21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

MGK is the worst.

SPine, Penguin and tyramail like this.
  22. mineva

trashbabe4evr

oh man they're actually coming to new orleans.

i'm so there. i don't even care who opens.

23. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Whats with all the MGK hate? Dude seems like a decent guy and makes some alright music. I would say he has the odd good song but don't get why so many people are so anti him.

24. heymattrick

Sending my love

Never listened to him personally, but I will in preparation for this tour. I have been introduced to some of my favorite bands because they opened for Fall Out Boy.

Although I do miss the days where Fall Out Boy brought some of my already-favorite bands with them. I do kinda wish they'd do a big tour with someone predictable again.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  25. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

They announced the UK and Europe support is Against the Current. Never really dug them too much but will have to give them another crack before the London show.