Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Announce New Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Hot take: this is miles better than anything else they've done post-Folie

2. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

I like this a lot more than what I listened to from their last album actually. Them going all out experimental rather than the safe-pop that was SRAR (not in a bad way) or the half measure on the last album kinda works for them. Is that Pete doing some of the lower-pitched vocals?

3. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Man, I feel like they are progressing in the wrong direction with each release.

Bummer...

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Single is CRAZY and I dig it

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  5. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

This band has been dreadful for the last two releases. Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone lol

Schooner likes this.
  6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Pretty bummed. But hey, the songs you grow to like never stick at first.

Hope this tour is with Paramore. I know Fall Out Boy is huge but I think the Quicken Loans Arena is a bit bigger than just them headlining. Either way, I'll be there!

GEM37 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  7. AMC

Regular

I may not think it's decent if it wasn't fall out boy. Patrick sounds good though.

8. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

WHY DO YOU KEEP PUTTING STUPID VOCAL EFFECTS ON YOUR VOICE PATRICK OMG STOP IT. I'm still excited for new Fall Out Boy music, though. I loved most of Save Rock And Roll.

9. thatwasamoment

Since '06

tttyg feels like it was infinity years ago

Schooner, KennedyBN and Turkeylegz like this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

well... it's more interesting than pretty much anything else in the new era, aside from a few songs. seems like it's trying to revitalize a trend that died down not long ago, which is weird. but by juxtaposing it with other really cringe parts.

Those parts where Patrick starts ramping up his voice are SUPPPPPER Kendricky, so I'm expecting a lot of hip hop crossover on this album.

oh, and it's trash 100%, but in a way that makes me curious what the rest will be like.

11. Yeah, Centuries came out way before the record, I remember. Still frustrating, haha.

Also, just wanted to add (having heard it now) that this is my absolute favourite song since Folie (my personal favourite FOB record) and I have not been this excited for new FOB in years. That prechorus screws with my head but I love how adventurous this track is. I feel like their ideas are finally aligning with their ability to execute them. Also, the mix/master is so much better I want to cry. No more irritating distortion all over the vocals, those huge yet dry drum sounds, and those fat synths... I need more!

12. I mean ... it basically was ...

dylan, Mr. Serotonin, Aregala and 2 others like this.
  13. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Song is freaking awesome. And i'm not all aboard the new age fall out boy train, but the song is really really good.

14. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

the mighty fall...

Bryan Diem likes this.
  15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

try not to cry looking at the spacing of M A N I A at the top.

16. Also, as a drummer myself, I can say that Andy is trying out some wildly creative and ambitious stuff here. Anyone who can't see that is just not paying attention or doesn't know much about drumming.

17. red8ge

Regular

love the undertone of "I hate this song, but not for the same reason as you plebs :eh:" in this thread

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

what about people who hate the song but don't bring up TTTYG and just judge new music on whether they like it or not. big difference between the two camps

19. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

20. Hahah, hey instead of basketball betting and Superman artwork ... you too could be behind the curtain! :crylaugh:

scottlechowicz likes this.
  21. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

That is almost verbatim what my wife says to me on a near daily basis.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

this is probably the most I've liked a Fall Out Boy song in a good while. I hope the non-singles aren't a ton of filler, like the last couple albums

23. jba Apr 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2017)
    jba

When I saw the neon sign in the teaser, I expected this to be a retrowave song. Boy, I was wrong.

24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I honestly can't tell if I liked or hated this.

25. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

A drummer can play "live" stuff and still be underutilized though :-|