Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Announce New Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2017.

1. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

@Jason Tate I feel like there would be some value for this crowd in transcribing some of Patrick's comments from the Zane Lowe interview they did today. He talks specifically about (paraphrasing here), "We're a band - at the core of our existence we are going to get up on a stage and play drums, bass and guitar, so I wanted to make something that stretches those elements to their outer limits." It was pretty enlightening to hear.

Butinsmallsteps and Jason Tate like this.
  2. @@ron

Regular

*Now press repeat*

3. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Listening to this on real speakers as oppossed to my computer speakers only makes me love it more.

Andy kills it. Almost like he did it as a fuck you to all the dumb where are the drum comments I've seen since their return from the hiatus.

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Yeah it's a great one, definitely recommend.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  5. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Can't see myself liking this. Will check out the album because it's F.O.B. but this sucks. Wasn't fond of the last two albums but this is going even more in the wrong direction. Trying not to live in the past at all but really not digging these guys anymore.

Also, wtf is with the spacing in MANIA? It almost looks like it could have letters missing. MAGNOLIA or MAGNESIA would fit but then you'd still need a few more letters on the end. Just looks like it's supposed to say something else and they took the letters out. Maybe it's MAIN ... something.

6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

My guess is the spacing on mania is unequal on purpose to elicit a sense of "unnerving." As in, you immediately recognize something is wrong or off, thus playing off of the word "mania."

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Five months out. Damn, gonna be a long wait for their fans.

Chase Tremaine and heymattrick like this.
  8. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

One thing I know to be true, this song will be featured in commercials for sports in almost no time.

I bet the NBA already can't wait to set up a promo package using that chorus.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. kiguel182

Regular

First impressions is that the song has some really good parts but it seems a bit messier than I would like. The drum parts are awesome.

Not as strong as something like Centuries and I think I liked every song of their last album better than this one (but I loved American Phsyco so that's to be expected I guess)

10. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Yeah I did wonder about that too. Maybe I'm also looking for something that's not there, like a b-sides cd or second album that fills in the blanks.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  11. ZeoVGM

Regular

Off topic but your avatar makes me happy.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah I agree that the spacing was meant to invoke a sense of uneasiness, since people are so used to seeing the spacing correct and even. I'd highly doubt a second album or anything, especially with the color thing being a big deal this cycle

13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

The second album "Nation" is coming out on Easter. You heard it here first, folks.

14. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

Chorus, that was like a ten second breakdown. But half of this song is like that, which is something I've never seen from them outside of remixes.

15. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I think I'm disappointed but I can't tell.

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

patty-lamar-damn.jpg

17. Phillip

BOO

The drums are definitely an improvement over the last couple records

18. Listening for my fourth time. No big deal.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This could have been pulled off so much better

20. Honestly, not sure how you could say the structure is weird. It's verse / pre-chorus / chorus / verse / pre-chorus / chorus / bridge / chorus / echo of verse 1. No fat, no deviations, not even any interludes between those basic pieces.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  21. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I've really liked all of their records - I'd consider FUTC or Folie my favorite and Folie to be their best - and consider them to be one of my favorite bands ... but yeah, I do not like this song. Curious to see what the record sounds like.

22. Schooner

Trusted

Christ September. I could be hit by a car by then. Just bring it out in 3wks like Paramore

tyramail likes this.
  23. Schooner

Trusted

Edit: I just listened to the song. I think I'd rather be hit by a car.
    Only band I've ever had to change the names in iTunes to add (old)(new) so I can shuffle their albums without fear of getting both eras played together.

In fairness I did love the clip. It was cool. And chorus drumming. Not much else

thisisacting__ and Phillip like this.
  24. "But no one was saying...."

tyramail and scottlechowicz like this.
  25. Cool! I can't wait to hear your version!

;-p

SpyKi likes this.