Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “Wilson (Expensive Mistakes)” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 10, 2018.

1. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

16 year old me would've gotten "I'll stop wearing black when they make a darker color" tattooed on my forehead

2. Sander

kflkmflkm

This might be the most "old-fob" post hiatus track.

Brent and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I just Googled the "bleeding on your shirt" TBS lyrics thinking there had to be a thousand 30-year olds with that tattooed on them but nothing came up :(

Penguin likes this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

dancin'

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I was thinking of this too, and I think its the piano trill from Desiigner's Panda?

6. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

D. Sardy produced this one while Neal Avron mixed, according to Tidal. No co-writes on this one.

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I really enjoyed everything about this. Song has such a cool vibe to it musically and the lyrics are spot on.

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

Song is so good. I’ve been anxiously awaiting this one since hearing it live last fall. Definitely sounds a little different than I was expecting. The electronic drums on this song and Hold Me Tight are a little too noticeable for me, I wish they had a realer drum sound. Regardless, we’re 5/5 on MANIA for me personally so I cannot wait to finally have this whole thing in my grubby little paws.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Wow, this song is wonderful. It's everything I wanted from them since their return.

Turkeylegz and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Song rules. omg

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

That would've made it on my Myspace profile for sure

12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

After the last single being a total disappointment, altogether with a completely boring video clip, this is actually not that bad!

Brent likes this.
  13. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I encourage you all the call the number on the screen. It's a good time.

skurt likes this.
  14. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I wonder if it's supposed to be sarcastic that they're holding guitars and using acoustic drums in the video when the song doesn't make those instruments obvious at all.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just think it's funny that performance-wise in the video, they're acting like they still only play those instruments. I know there are some guitars and acoustic drums somewhere in that mix, but they sure aren't obvious and seem to be used pretty sparingly.

I actually don't mind the song itself either. I'm one of those people who lost interest after the post-hiatus stadium pop rebirth but I'm glad they're still doing well.

15. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

You might want to check your hearing if you can't clearly hear the guitars in this song.

16. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Yeah, I actually decided to edit the wording in my post a little bit after another listen. They are there, just not driving the song; and there's nothing wrong with that.

DisloyalOrder likes this.
  17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Well, this is a hit.

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Almost sounds Katy Perry esque but I can't quite place it either.

19. heymattrick

Sending my love

I understand the argument with drums but 100% do not understand when people say they don’t hear guitars on the MANIA songs. If guitar isn’t the exact first thing you hear when this song starts...

20. blogbacktome

Man, who'd have thought the album with Young & Menace would also have this song, one of the best throwbacks to the Folie A Deux sound? This album is going to be M A N I A.

ZeoVGM likes this.
  21. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

It particularly bugged me when people said it about HMTOD. The guitars are the best part of that song.

heymattrick likes this.
  22. Sander

kflkmflkm

Does Tidal really have credits available like that ? If so, amazing.

DisloyalOrder likes this.
  23. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. you can check any song’s credits without having to subscribe.

24. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

meh

25. so goddamn good

Turkeylegz likes this.