Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “The Last of the Real Ones” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"Young and Menace" is great, and so is this. I remember literally nothing about the other single besides not loving or hating it, but loving 2/3 is a good sign. Agree with the SR&R comparison, which makes me happy 'cause that's my fav from this band.

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

which is absolutely MIND BOGGLING

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This record is going to be so good. I loved Young & Menace and this

4. somethingwitty

Trusted

Not feeling it, the vocal effects are distracting. Also, why are the guitars so compressed in the mix?

5. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

This is light years better than the last two.

6. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I think the issue is that it is hard to understand why, if you don't like "overproduced" music, you would be listening to Fall Out Boy at all at this point.

7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

This is music, theres no use in trying to prove why its good or not good, you can either like it or not and still be a fan of the band.

8. Jason Tate Sep 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2017)
    That's not what "overproduced" means. That's my issue. People use the term to mean stuff like "polished" music...

9. I'm saying no one ever uses the phrase correct when they use it as a criticism. They say it to mean something it doesn't. (See above.)

heymattrick and beachdude42 like this.
  10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It is a "Llama" remake of the "Flashing Lights" video.

11. waitbutreally:-O

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

Agreed, yet they always still seem to. To me, FOB is FOB.

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

I seriously think this is Alone Together and Death Valley had a baby who inherited some Cork Tree/Infinity-era Pete Wentz lines.

14. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Lol, because synth, sample-driven pop music is NEVER going to fall out of fashion, and culture never moves through cycles, and actions never inspire equal and opposite reactions.

Can't wait to see the thread for the new FOB single in 10 years where folks talk about how they can't even bear to listen to this song anymore, it's so outdated and embarrassing!

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I agree with this, but you still know what they meant. Just because he didn't use the correct terminology, doesn't mean his criticism is less valid. Seems like you're just being a bit picky really haha.

16. I don't know what he meant, because the term is continually misused to mean just a variation of "I don't like this song." It's a bad descriptor. And saying "this was recorded really well, hmpf, I don't like it" is not really a valid criticism of Fall Out Boy, it's a lazy one.

17. ZeoVGM

Regular

Jesus. This band continues to do no wrong. Like my fiancee had said to me tonight, Fall Out Boy is one of the most consistent bands around.

They're three for three on this album so far.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

You probably already know this by now but yes it really is

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  19. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I like this song - reminds me of the best parts of 'Save Rock & Roll' album!

Edit: lol, I'm bringing up the rear posting this take huh!

20. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This may be one of their best post-hiatus songs after ~10 listens. Definitely a top 5 verse//pre-chorus