Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “The Last of the Real Ones” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Patrick sounds great as ever. This song is just ok for me. Find the lyrics very uninspired.

However it is much better than Champions which is probably my least favourite FOB song ever.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  2. DannyZach

Trusted

Well let's be fair their guitars were almost tragic haha and while I love every of old albums for nostalgia,I think this suits them more.Its like they changed target from HS outsiders to popular kids

3. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

2/3 - Champion is the only song I haven't been able to get into thus far.

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Enjoyed it. I didn't like Y&M or Champions, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Going to back up the person above who asked why this isn't considered valid criticism? Some people don't like sparkly polished music and that's fine (Personally I don't either but I can see through it if I like the songs). Just seems you are getting a bit defensive over the song to me really?

Anyway, I haven't listened but I will do. Really hope it clicks cause I thought the first two were pretty awful.

6. Fox83

Trusted

It's on Spotify too.

7. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Good song. Very catchy. Young and Menace is still the best of the 3.

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

hated young and menace, just isn't enjoyable to listen to, I haven't listened to Champion, and I was expecting the worst before listening to this, but I had to eat my words. sure fob is a different kind of band now, I accept that. but regardless, this song's a jam. that chorus is infectious

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. heymattrick

Sending my love

I actually love Champion a lot. Not every song has to be so complex and introspective. The line "if I can live through this, I can do anything" belted out in the style of a powerful anthem is Aces in my book.

This song is awesome on a totally different level. It's definitely got an "Alone Together" vibe for me in terms of production and melody, which I think is a win. The lyrics are filled with signature Pete Wentz-isms. Then there's Patrick's voice. When people say new Fall Out Boy "isn't Fall Out Boy"... I mean... come on.

10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Understandable, I liked that sound too, but I think FUCT was the last guitar driven album and their best stuff was the two albums after, but that's me.

beachdude42 and cosmickid like this.
  11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This song rules.

12. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Looks like Butch Walker and Illangelo produced this :thumbup:

13. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

This doesn't top Young & Menace, IMHO, but it's still a really, really cool track. The chorus is brilliant.

House Of Wolves likes this.
  14. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

After like the first 10 seconds I already loved this. Far and away my favourite.

15. Mr. Serotonin

Also, I thought the exact opposite about the production. Thought it was brilliant and the vocals sound fucking incredible.

16. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Champion over this for me, but I can see this being a grower.

17. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I bet flicking a lighter in that llama suit was nerve wracking.

18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I grew to like Y&M, still really don't like champions, but this song is a jam.

19. This video is exactly what I remember from Kanye West's "Flashing Lights."

I almost don't even want to re-watch the "Flashing Lights" video to fact-check.

I just want to continue living in my brainworld where this video is a llama-remake of a Kanye vid.

20. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Best one so far, though the lyrics are bad

21. Mr. Serotonin

I thought these lyrics were MUCH better than the last one

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I feel like no one can say that anymore seeing as how "new Fall Out Boy" is 3 out of 7 albums

heymattrick likes this.
  23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This song is a powerhouse.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  24. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

That sound is NEVER going to be culturally relevant again. There will always be an audience but distorted guitar driven music is now a niche.

25. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Agreed. The time period between the release of "My Songs" and the release of M A N I A is roughly the same time duration as TTYG-Folie A Deux