Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “The Last of the Real Ones”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. :ok:

I'm way in on this one.

3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

It's the best of the three so far.

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

Young & Menace who? I don't know her anymore

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  5. scottlechowicz Sep 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2017)
    scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Personally, I just adored Young and Menace. I know it didn't work for everyone, but it did for me. This is right near it for my tastes.

smes3817 and Jason Tate like this.
  6. chcougar1

Trusted

Nice...sounds like Save Rock & Roll a bit!

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Doesn't take itself too seriously. Kinda like Young and a Menace. Real fun. Wouldn't say it's "good", but fun. I still loathe Champions but hey, I'm not feeling too bad about this album now. :D

8. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Man I just can't do it. Sure its catchy as all fuck but its so so overproduced it just loses the appeal from being having that raw energy.

j0hnnyrt and Pepetito like this.
  9. People stil use "overproduced"? Really?

10. Shenevercalled

Newbie Supporter

Turkeylegz likes this.
  11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Damn I was ready to say I had outgrown this band but fuck I'm back in. This song is so good

12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Overproduced or do you just not like the vocal effects?

13. I think Young and Menace is by far the most interesting of the three, and definitely my favourite thing since they got back together. While I've been a fan of their post-hiatus output, I think they were better at writing pop punk than they are at writing straight pop (at least for my personal tastes). This song feels like it will get old quickly for me. Oh well!

JamesMichael likes this.
  14. skoopy

Regular

I was ready to be hooked when that piano intro came in. Rest of the song was alright definitely the best released so far.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is my favorite song by them since SR&R

beachdude42 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ya, I like this. I agree with all the SR&R comparisons. Hope the rest of the album is like this. During some parts it reminds me of Panic at the Disco.

17. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I like this song! That video was weird though with the llamas attacking Pete Wentz

18. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Why is that not allowed to be a legitimate criticism? I wouldn't apply it to this song perhaps, but are you saying nothing is ever overproduced?

Pepetito likes this.
  19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Pretty much how I feel. I love Folie A Deux which I felt was a perfect blend. They probably wouldn't have still been big today if they had followed down the same path so I can see why they changed things up.

New songs pretty good though.

20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

For people who enjoy punk rock in particular, 'overproduced' as a catch-all term can definitely still be legitimate imo.

honkytonk likes this.
  21. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

totally agree.

22. heymattrick

Sending my love

It can be legitimate, but I've seen the word
    "Overproduced" thrown around so much on all three of FOBs post-hiatus records (and honestly probably started coming up even before that)... eventually it can't all be "over" produced. If something's always "over", when does it just become the standard? This isn't any more "over produced" than anything they've released in the past 5 years, if not beyond that. But most people who use the phrase to describe a song aren't using it accurately. They mean things stick out about it that sound artificial or corrected.

If this song was stripped down some effects, filters, loudness, etc... it just wouldn't pack the same punch.

23. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Holy hooks, Batman.

24. Kuri44

Yeah this song gets better with each lesson. Def. get the SRAR vibe especially with the fact that I hear something new every time I listen to the song

25. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I can barely pick out guitar in this. It's just a giant sample with vocals and drums. Theyvas generic as any pop band around now. I miss when it was guitar driven songs that was simple and raw.

Pepetito likes this.