Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “Hold Me Tight or Don’t” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

@Jason Tate do you have this yet? not sure if that's been asked/answered. would love a first listen post for this one!

2. oldboot

Regular

My only problem with this song is that they released it. Now when the album comes out it's going to be like getting a Fall Out Boy EP....there will only be 6 songs we haven't heard.

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

I might get obliterated for this, but this song is actually giving me “Of All the Gin Joints...” vibes.

4. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I like this. So far, 2/4 on singles, with the last two being the ones I like.

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

can I have you ears for a moment?

EDIT: I'm guessing that its really the second verse that brings this out for you?

6. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

That's how most hot-ticket albums are rolled out now, particularly when none of the singles stick (see the latest Taylor Swift as an example). Hopefully this track catches on at Top 40 radio, otherwise not sure if this band can keep playing arenas.

7. Jimmythelocke

This sounds like a Shakira song....

8. Man, Coco looks way different than I expected.

Pixar sold out.

9. Orville

I actually really love this song and was pretty into young and menace. But real question, is anyone else noticing that Pat sounds like he's struggling more vocally on this cycle or is it just me?

heymattrick likes this.
  10. heymattrick

Sending my love

Yeah I know it’s weird. The “na na na’s” here were a little reminiscent of the “oh oh-oh’s” in Gin Joints, plus the way he sings a few lyrics here and there. It gives me vibes of other FOB songs too (like Where Did the Party Go) but Gin Joints was the one that caught me off guard

11. cosmickid Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

First miss off this record for me. This is the first song that I feel like any artist could've written, and Fall Out Boy aren't just anyone.

EDIT: Okay that bridge is really cool

12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I like the bridge a loooooot, and Andy's drum sound is cool there

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  13. bloodinthesand

Regular

We don’t agree on much, but I FULLY support this!

14. bloodinthesand

Regular

Once again, I fully support this

15. bloodinthesand

Regular

American version of Nickelback? Are you outta your mind?

16. ihaveblink

Regular

sounds like caribbean Maroon 5 to me...

17. bloodinthesand

Regular

Last of the real ones is still the best song released so far

Brent likes this.
  18. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

HOT TAKE: Fall Out Boy is just a pop band that knows how to use instruments. I'm okay with this.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  19. zachzacchero

These lyrics make me cringe.

20. ihaveblink

Regular

Well I did some research and according to Janae's blog, she says (when she was 20) that she had spent 1/4 her life with "Peter" (in a post marked on June 24th 2007). If that's accurate (and the same "Pete" she dated), then yeah, he did date her when she was with im from 15 until 20.

I think we have a right to be suspicious. Dude was 26 dating a teenager anyway....

21. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I know this was brought up with Y&M but this is another song that I had to turn my volume up to listen to. I listened to this immediately after the new DC song on Apple Music and it was noticeably quieter. Wonder what that is all about.

22. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

This is the opposite of a hot take

Bryan Diem and Ugly Mug like this.
  23. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

#Morewhistlinginpopmusic2k18

24. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

No, very much sane. FOB is stuck in the same sound, and it’s just boring.

25. Drew Baldy

Trusted

First Fall Out Boy song in a while that took a couple of listens to grow on me.