Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “Hold Me Tight or Don’t” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2017.

1. DillonHigh

Ah, gotcha. I can totally understand not wanting to be involved with anything like that. I know Take This To Your Grave came out in 2003 and the stories are that a lot of the songs are about her, but if she doesn't want to talk about it that's her right. I'm just incredibly disappointed to be apart of a scene that is littered with this behavior. Glad that people are finally standing up and not looking up to these types of people anymore.

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Love these guys. This is already stuck in my head. This album is shaping up to be a pretty solid release.

The tour was a blast, for what it's worth.

heymattrick likes this.
  3. TTTYG is written by both Pete and Patrick and Pete’s gf during that time was someone else, her name is google-able but I don’t feel right using it here. It was not Jeanae.

TuneYouOut likes this.
  4. DillonHigh

This is why it's so hard to believe anyone. Just googling I found 3 different blogs of people ranging from 2011-2015 saying they knew Jeanae in high school. Crazy accusations on how Pete treated her. The internet has broken me the last month with every accusation. Im overwhelmed to be honest

5. Her birthdate is public record. It’s 7/30/1987.

(Their relationship, also by Pete’s own interviews/records, was very emotionally abusive and messed up.)

6. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Their videos have been better than their music lately. Mediocre song but that's better than the other crap they've released recently.

7. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

They're 2/4 for me now. This one doesn't get a thumbs up from me.

Matt504 likes this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I'm stoked for the album. The deep cuts are always my favorite parts of their records, anyway.

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  9. DillonHigh

I'm not disputing her birthday. I just wasn't sure what to believe based on the blogs I'd read which basically read like the victims of Jesse Lacey.

10. Ah, gotcha. Yep there’s weird stuff out there. Just sticking to interviews/statements from the two involved you can get a good idea how not healthy that relationship was.

11. DillonHigh

Yup. Basically complacent at this point. The 4 reports earlier today basically got me over the entertainment industry as a whole. Do not look up to anyone you don't actually know is what I've walked away with. Sorry to fan flames on te misinformation I found on Pete

Mister Lyrical and Jason Tate like this.
  12. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Chorus could "punch" a bit more. The "of don't" doesn't hit as hard as they probably intended it to, but I really dig the vibe otherwise. The verses are great, and I gotta hand it to them for trying something different. I really wish they would scrap the first two singles, because this and the last one are leagues above.

The video hurt my eyes though. That was so jolty editing.

13. Saephon

Regular

I'm confused. Why are they playing instruments in the music video? Doesn't seem to match what I'm hearing.

The Format likes this.
  14. hannahpavlove

This bangs. FOB is my favourite band, but all I really want from them by this point is good fun pop jams - this & LOTRO satisfy that for sure. Feeling optimistic about the album.

Agree that the 'hold me tight or don't' part could be a little punchier though.

NewSurrender likes this.
  15. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

This song is excellent. I love it!

16. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Yeah, this is great. I've enjoyed everything from Mania so far.

Turkeylegz and NewSurrender like this.
  17. Neon Light Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    Neon Light

rage and love

Really? The guitars are so prominent on this one. I can even hear the scratchy sound you hear when fingers drag on the strings between chord transitions.

I love this one. Really getting into what they’re going for this record.

Also the entire tracklist is up on Apple Music. Not sure if that is new information.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Damn, I shouldn't have let Last of the Real Ones get my hopes up for the rest of the album. This might be my least favorite one yet

cosmickid likes this.
  19. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Definitely my favorite song in the stuffed animal genre

20. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

The miming in this video is not good at all lol.

21. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Very catchy and a definite earworm

22. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Sweet, I dig this one. Pete leaves a few things to be desired lyrically, but I like it.

3/4 for this record so far

23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm 3/4 on this album now. Only one I don't find particularly good is Champions.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  24. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Actually, judging from the live version of Wilson, I'm saying 4/5

25. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

For some reason this keeps reminding me of Ed Sheeran's shape of you and not in a good way. Sucks but so far the only song that's grabbed me from this album is Young & Menace