Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “Ghostbusters (I’m Not Afraid)” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Cheek

The 1975 would have nailed a Ghostbusters theme cover!

Raku, David Parke, Schooner and 5 others like this.
  2. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I hate soundtrack songs. Everyone seems to like the new Justin Timberlake song and I can't stand it cause it just sounds like something to get up and leave the theater to. I love Fall Out Boy but I'm not surprised if this is as awful as everyone says.

Did you forget Open Happiness already? When Patrick did literally exactly what you described...seven years ago? "Call it like it is" as much as you want but it sounds like you're shaming Fall Out Boy for doing a job and taking good business opportunities as if it's something new they started doing since the reunion. Calling it selling out as if they're doing something immoral is silly. What exactly would you have them do, faced with an opportunity to record a song for a favorite movie (for presumably large sums of money)? Say no, just cause someone might think they sold out? Foh.

beachdude42, Aaron Mook and Eric like this.
  3. Jonathan Gunasingham

Newbie Prestigious

Just out of curiosity, do you think there are any bands in recent history who have, I guess using the traditional definition, sold out?

4. The term is antiquated, ignorant, and ridiculous.

fenway89 likes this.
  5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Today I feel a bit sad that no one can make a "Isn't this absolutePUNK?!" comment to help fill up that bingo card, @Jason Tate :brokenheart:

6. TDenverFan

Regular

Bowling for Soup has a pretty good cover of the theme that they recorded for some romcom a few years back.

I would've prefered something like this over what FoB did. Or just create a whole new song for the movie, instead of using like half of the original version.

Raku likes this.
  7. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

man FOB could've done this better.

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I would do anything to be in a band and "sell out" and make millions.

So would every single person in this thread.

cybele, fenway89, beachdude42 and 2 others like this.
  9. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

This is exactly what I expect to be listening to as I try to find my car keys, pick up what's left of my popcorn, and listen to like 3 people awkwardly clapping as I exit the theater.

10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I dont think this qualifies as selling out; I think they honestly think this is a job well done, which is probably a lot worse.

Raku, beachdude42 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  11. heymattrick

Sending my love

Yeah this one was a bummer. Really looking forward to the WALK THE MOON song on the soundtrack. Which is also called "Ghostbusters". As are two other songs on the soundtrack!

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't think I've ever had this much of a turnaround on my opinion of a band I really used to love as I have with FOB. I legit don't care about them anymore because I dislike their new stuff so much even though their first four are some of my all time favorite albums. I even really liked SR&R, but besides a few songs AB/AP was garbage imo and pretty much everything they've made since has been too

mattylikesfilms and Bryan Diem like this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

i was going to do this dammit

quietwords likes this.
  14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

You obviously already know it was racist because you just said that without anyone else having brought it up.

Jacob Davidson likes this.
  15. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Raku and domotime2 like this.
  16. Miller304 Jun 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2016)
    Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

Actually I received a message from a mod. It really didn't cross my mind until that.

17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

should have gotten Pitbull. this is awful

Raku, Schooner, beachdude42 and 2 others like this.
  18. sellout.fm

eh, it doesn't have the same ring to it
    lmao

quietwords likes this.
  19. farva2

Regular

Legit makes me want to skip the movie out of spite

Raku likes this.
  20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I don't mind it.

Still veryyyyy excited for the Wolf Alice track!

21. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

They haven't done much since AB/AP though? Just this and the Jungle Book cover, which is pretty good.

Schooner and Jason Tate like this.
  22. Jonathan Gunasingham

Newbie Prestigious

Didn't you blog about it a while back? You have a link?

[EDIT] Would you at least concede that Ludacris is the biggest sellout ever? (I'm being 26% serious)

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Not good. I don't expect the movie to be any better.

Raku and beachdude42 like this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I feel like people are not reading my posts correctly. Maybe I'm taking crazy pills? Maybe.

Like I said now, for the third time, I get it. Get. That. Money. That's fine. However, if you take that money and make a god awful song that's embarrassing on all counts (band, original Ghostbusters,ect.) then it's going to come across as even more terrible cause you did it in the first place for money as the main motivation. It's not a crazy idea. It's like an actor who makes a shit film and says yeah I know it was shit but he did it for money. Think Nicolas Cage or any direct-to-dvd shit show that gets B-list actors on it. I just think it's funny if Wentz thinks this is good and honoring the original. Cause it's taking a shit on it.

Raku likes this.
  25. CheapPop

Regular

Yeah this songs pretty bad.

But lol at the dude claiming Fall Out Boy sold out. I didn't know people still used that term.

Aaron Mook likes this.