Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “Ghostbusters (I’m Not Afraid)” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 23, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well to be clear, they sold out when they reunited but if you think this song is artist integrity then LOL. This song is the equivalent of Will Smith's Wild Wild West song. Actually its worse.

I guess I just find it atrocious and feel like Sony and FOB should feel ashamed. I don't expect much from present day Missy.

2. People still type the words "sell out" with a straight face. Yikes. I'm more embarrassed for the poster ranting than the song.

beachdude42, Robk, Awksome and 10 others like this.
  3. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yeah it's not that great but eh, it is good for playing over credits of a movie.

Also wtf with the Missy hate in two posts now

4. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I like it. It's clearly a credits song but it's enough of a change in the original with some callbacks. Patrick sounds awesome. Missy verse is fun. That said, would love for the actual movie to surprise me, the trailers have been somewhat underwhelming.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. bptky Jun 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2016)
    bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Yes, as long as there's no extra scenes/bloopers and you're trying to make everyone get up and leave the theater.

Raku, beachdude42 and justinbullock like this.
  6. AutopilotYears

Regular

this is about on par with everything else we've seen from this movie

Raku and beachdude42 like this.
  7. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

oof this is not good!

Raku likes this.
  8. Over reacted to by the Internet?

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh come on. Really? You think FOB was thinking "man it would be really fun to make our own Ghostbusters song! Yeah we could really do it some justice!". No. Sony approached them with a shit ton of money. It's seriously a notch above creating a jingle for a brand commercial just with really good production. It's a terrible joke. I mean hey, I get it, I would do the same thing if I was them at this point in their careers (being full blown pop) but doesn't mean I can't call it like it is. This song is utter trash and only makes the film look worse before release.

Raku and justinbullock like this.
  10. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

i could see this song mattering if the movie came out in like 2007, but now? very weird to me.

i am very excited for this movie still though. all involved are fantastic.

11. You're embarrassing yourself. Also I know for a fact Pete's a huge GB fan and called this a dream come true.

And you keep acting like doing a job for money is a bad thing, so I keep laughing at you.

Robk, fenway89, Eric and 3 others like this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm hoping the film surprises me and the general public by being actually good despite its trailers. I'm just saying this isn't helping it's case whatsoever.

13. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

this is pretty abysmal.

Raku likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Embarrassing myself? lol ok man. You're embarrassing yourself by sticking up for this trainwreck of a song.

Also as I stated, I get it- go get your money. They are talented enough and been in the game a long time. However, this song is embarrassing to anyone who holds the original film dear to them. Wentz being a fan of GB should feel a desire to honor the legacy and this ain't it. I know opinions are opinions but anyone who thinks this song actually honors the original... Come on... Just.... Really??

Raku likes this.
  15. Jacob Davidson

Regular

It's a dumb cheesy song to promote a movie, kinda like the old jingle. I dig it. It's silly.

16. I didn't stick up for the song. You being wrong and acting like a damn bafoon with all this "sell out" talk is all I pointed out. Your posts are definitely worse than this song. And the song sucks.

17. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Lol this thread. And RIP FOB again, until they drop another fire jam and rise again.

18. Jonesy

Be my alibi?

It matches the trailers! Looks and sounds like garbage!

Raku, beachdude42 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hahahah ok sure man. I can't take you serious when you say my posts are worse than this obvious studio jingle. I'm simply writing what a shit ton of people are actually thinking. I'm not writing anything offensive or crazy. I'm saying this song is an obvious cash grab for the band (duh) which is fine but the song is an embarrassment to the IP with zero integrity.

This song is shitting on the original but no, you're right, my two posts are far worse :-)

Raku likes this.
  20. jaubut

I think this has always been my favorite cover version of this song.

Raku and justinbullock like this.
  21. Cash grab. Sell outs. Someone say "not punk" so my bingo card can get filled up.

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

"Why is this news?"

Raku and fame like this.
  23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I'm sure Missy really needs the work.

Raku and Miller304 like this.
  24. Jackbo487

Regular

this is almost exactly what I knew it would sound like.

25. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Did someone say sell out?