Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “Church” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 19, 2018.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

then stop replying to me

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Take a look in the mirror buddy.

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

you're not being cute here you're just one of many people more interested in blood than the wishes of actual victims.

4. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

No one is being cute, you sound so stupid sitting here acting like you're doing anything for victims of sexual abuse by making excuses for Pete Wentz.

I don't want blood, I want consistency. And when I come on here time after time seeing supportive posts for this asshole and his bad music, it wears on me. And seeing as how any time any other band/musician accused of sexual misconduct is brought up on this site has it discussed in the comments, I will continue to do that until they stop making shitty music or Pete is called out on his shitty ways/removed from the band.

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the closest person to me in my life is a victim of sexual abuse and worse, fuck you forever dont ever fucking talk to me again. and guess what? we both love and listen to fall out boy together and it helps them heal. again: fuck you, you dont know fucking anything, dont ever fucking quote me again.

6. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Real mature response. You also have no idea what I just went through over the past month concerning my mother and sexual abuse. Continue to be an ignorant moron.

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i said dont fucking quote me

8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Maturity at its finest. My opinion didn't line up with yours so curse as much as you can. Unreal.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

no, you said something ridiculously arrogant without knowing a shred of my life or what i do for people and what ive been through and what they've been through. now fuck off forever welcome to my ignore list

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Ridiculously arrogant? Take. A. Look. In. The. Mirror. Also, add Pete Wentz to your ignore list.

11. somethingwitty

Trusted

Wait...Pete is a skeezy predator preying on young girls?! Least surprising news ever...

carrytheweird likes this.
  12. I'll say it again: as the only person in this thread (AFAIK) that's actually talked to Jeanae, she insists she was of age when she and Pete started dating and that she doesn't want her name to be used to disparage Pete or the band at all. I got this message a couple years ago when I reached out. If that ever changes, I'll reevaluate the situation.

But in the meantime, throwing around shit and yelling at people when, as far as I know, you're dead wrong on basic facts ... makes it seem like you want to take shots at people because of the music they like, not that you care about actual victims.

13. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

If this is directed to me, then i'll respond to your last part about demeaning my care for the situation first. Total bs. Completely making assumptions on my motivation for speaking out about somebody who has had every sign of being a sexual predator because you don't like my opinion. Much like any response or opinion that isn't in line with the handful of consistent posters on this site, it gets degraded and demeaned viciously.

I've never been a fan of Fall Out Boy, so my opinion of their music has remained consistent for years. I didn't throw around anything other than things that have been reported about him for years. I didn't even mention Jeanae, as she is not the only woman Pete was ever involved with. He laughed about the situation and breezed over it years ago, something that has been pointed out as in issue in many of these cases. Also no one comments on Pete's club "Angels & Kings" that was shut down for enticing and serving underage girls more than once. The nudes leak which he claimed was from a hack? Who would he have been sending them to? All the lyrics he wrote about a teenage girl he had a very unhealthy relationship with? One that led to a physical altercation with police who had to break up a fight between them?

I didn't take a single shot at anyone, I had people responding harshly to my opinion and what I brought up. I get cursed out with fuck you and fuck this and fuck that and get called all sorts of names, and here you are telling me i'm going after people?

Also, have we not acknowledged already that victims of this type of abuse generally aren't comfortable with coming forward due to the fandom backlash? I could understand her not wanting to be a part of it years ago.

pete wentz & jeanae white: bare facts, bottom line

There's also many posts i'll never be able to find talking about his actions towards fans earlier in his career with Fall Out Boy. Many fans who said they had encounters with him via shows and social networks, which were posted on Myspace and the like when I was in high school. Back then no one gave a shit, and it sucks seeing that just because he's moved on to a more normal and stable life, he continues to be a supported musician.

14. These are not facts.

Jesse West likes this.