Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “Church” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Some weird cuts in that video. Patrick plays his guitar super high up haha.

Fun song.

3. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Cool video and good song.

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

They do not look like they enjoy playing at all anymore. I feel bad for Andy... the drumming is hilariously bad/missing. Almost all electronic drumming in this album.

5. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

All electronic everything. The bass line is the only instrument that is audible, and even that is processed like a chicken nugget.

6. ZeoVGM

Regular

Some of you guys need better ears.

7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Nope. Somebody needs to led Andy Hurley play drums and kick Pete the creep out.

8. somethingwitty

Trusted

I don't get Andy's role in the band anymore...these songs are NOT terrible pop songs, but they are terrible Fall Out Boy songs. Is there even guitar on this track? I'm being serious, can someone point it out to me?

9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

No just get better ears so that overproduced crap sounds better to you. Duh.

10. Literally untrue. They deliberately pitch it up. They talk about it in multiple interviews.

11. sophos34 likes this.
  12. cricketandclover Jan 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2018)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Fall Out Boy has been a pop band for ... more than a decade. They write pop songs.

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

songs with real drums: young and menace, hold me tight, wilson, church, champion, bishops, heaven's gate, last of the real ones. stay frosty, sunshine riptide

a lot of just also happen to have electronic drums

this band uses both at the same time. a lot. it works.

Jose and Jason Tate like this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

get better ears so that you can hear the extremely loud guitar in this song

Zoshchenko and Jose like this.
  15. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Anybody who doesn't hear guitar in this song must not know what guitar sounds like.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

If the next FOB record doesn’t have a song called “Andy was so mad about all of the electronic drums and so he stole our guitars” it will be a real missed opportunity.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Uh, if you mean power chords that are altered heavily in post-production to not sound like the tone of the guitar, as well as 2 notes Joe played in the verses then....sure, i've completely forgotten what guitars sound like. You might also wanna notice moments where they are literally just standing with guitars in hand. Also, does no one else think the intro sounds like a song from The Neighbourhood?

I love how bias this site can be. Pete has skimmed by throughout this whole ordeal over the last few months silently. This band is releasing new music and they get the same support as any other band because his victim(s) aren't speaking out. They don't have to, but the evidence is there that a) Their music sucks now and b) Pete is getting a pass on his shitty ways.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

it absolutely sounds like the tone of his guitar lol

people have talked about the pete thing plenty in the past. i personally dont see it as a big issue given what i know about what happened almost 20 years ago

19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Putting "lol" as if you're talking down to me doesn't make what i'm hearing and what this band writes any different. Their sound is extremely altered and tracks like this are heavily produced. You likely know that given you make music as well.

Also, isn't the argument "it happened so long ago" a part of the problem with many of the cases brought up in recent months? That's no excuse and I recall Pete being the first creep I ever learned about in the music scene growing up. Doesn't get a pass in my book because people like his music and it happened a long time ago.

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i am talking down to you because you're being dumb

my argument isnt happened it so long ago. my argument is i know what happened and based on that i dont think its worth not supporting or listening to his music. sorry i reached a different conclusion than you.

21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Then you can keep your opinion to yourself or give it to somebody else. I'm not the dumb one here after what you just said.

He's as bad as any of them and FOB's music is tasteless and boring now. Andy would do well in a band where he's not out-shined by people barely playing their instruments and a creep like Pete Wentz.

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

equating every single case as being as bad as the others is really harmful to every victim

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

First off, that's not even remotely what I said, and Pete is as much of a creep as other musicians being called out. He deserves to be looked at as one just like the rest.

You've got nerve too, considering you stated you know full well what he's been accused of, yet choose to support him anyways cause it happened "so long ago." That's harmful beyond what you tried to misconstrue from my post.

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i just said thats not why i choose to support him but okay. keep being a fucking moron.

25. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Keep lashing out like a child. I don't care why you are choosing to make excuses for this band's bad material or their shitty bassist you want to give a pass to for being a sexual predator.