Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy’s ‘Infinity on High’ Gets a New Pressing • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 14, 2016.

1. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

You are correct sir, and I would add beautiful as well. Chills listening to those songs.

Bryan Diem and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

So glad to see love for IOH on this site. Let's just agree it's a criminally underappreciated album, and has one helluva cover! Rarely do covers match music so well. The album has a touch of magical surrealism to it.
    [​IMG]

Bryan Diem likes this.
  3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Forgot this track was on here too. Wow this album really is incredible

Turkeylegz likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That section at 2:00 in Fame < Infamy is probably their "prettiest" section in their discography.

The biggest thing holding this album back from being absolutely stellar is are the chorus in I'm Like a Lawyer, entirety of Golden, and Carpal. Something about those songs always stuck out as a half a step worse than the rest of the album.

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Definitely, but it's understandable. It's such a weird album for their fans to catch onto as a whole during that time period. Listen to the singles, and Thriller, and disregard the rest of the album was the way to go (heck, even I didn't really appreciate the second half until later). Then have Folie a Deux be dead on arrival. Life of being labeled an emo band. I don't know how the "Take Over..." never got huge as a single though.

6. Eric

Regular

These albums really shouldn't cost this much, especially for a major label release. But people keep paying this much so they'll continue to be overpriced. I remember when CDs were selling well enough that they were like $20. Nowadays CDs don't really sell so most labels just sell them for $8 which is probably about what it's really worth. Sorry for the rant, this shit has annoyed me for a while

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  7. Eric

Regular

I thought everyone loved this album. Folie a Deux is the underappreciated one

8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I've always thought this too! I love the decorations in that bedroom haha. Literally is a perfect album cover.

ConArdist likes this.
  9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I heard from a Hot Topic worker that by taking vinyl out of stores, they're hoping to have a price model more like LP:$18 2XLP:$22 but I don't know if that's really going to happen

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  10. Eric

Regular

Why does taking vinyl out of stores affect the price?

11. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Glad I'm not alone, I have a Peter Pan complex.:teethsmile:

Bryan Diem likes this.
  12. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Folie a Deux has some bangers but IMO is an enjoyable wreck of an album. For the record, Tiffany Blews is a GREAT song.

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Interesting point. I was a huge fan of "Lawyer" but don't listen to that song anymore. I enjoy Golden, kinda fits w/ the theme. And Carpal Tunnel of Love is outta place but I personally really dug it.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I think Folie is even better than this because it's more consistent and expansive and wild and unpredictable, but the best parts of this are right on par with the best of this.

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Somehow, almost no record ever really sold out at hot topic because many would get lost in backrooms at stores or sit on a shelf and never get bought, so they weren't making a full return on original price, so they had to up it to come out more on top. So by putting them online, therefore ensuring they sell all of them, they can potentially bring the price down and come out even.

POTENTIALLY.