Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy’s ‘Infinity on High’ Gets a New Pressing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

They have some FUTCT up there too.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Still don't have this one on vinyl. I might have to do it, but not really feeling $26 for this. I have really become pickier with how much I am willing to spend on this stuff, considering most of my listening is done digitally.

4. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

that opener with jay z though...

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Almost $30 for that?! No fucking thank you.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I have the original picture disc. I'll pass.

7. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

it's so fucking good. Might be one of my favorite intro songs no joke.

8. notbrokejustbent

Thriller is such a banging intro to the album, I love it. Probably my favorite FOB album. Love these guys and their music is always so good.

9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The most underrated tracks on this album imo are Don't You Know Who I Think I am? And The After Life of the Party back to back. However, Thriller is undeniably the best track on this album

10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Take Over and I've Got All This Ringing tie with Thriller for me. Fantastic album, holds up well, got this pressing when it was actually "new" two years ago, spin it a lot despite questionable sound quality.

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

Unreal that this album is ten years old next year

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Bang The Doldrums is worth that price alone.

Edit: Just seen UK shipping brings it to $64. Fuck that.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  13. Mike

Personally, Jay Z annoys me so I have edited my mp3 to start after he finishes. Makes the album much more listenable for me.

14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Young FOB....let's go!

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Do people still fawn over You're Crashing? I think that songs a little awkward. And the bonus track that isn't GINASFS is poor. Everything else about this is peak

16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I NEED this. One of my top 5 albums. Bang the Doldrums sells the album for me. So corny, but I picked this up earlier in the day along w/ "Devil and God" from Brand New, and that night lost the scarlet V. I'll never forget that day, magic.

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Agreed, so lame and tacky. He doesn't care about FOB, just reminding everyone he was the label boss. More lame than a horror movie with my mom.

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I have no idea how they did that chorus. Patrick's voice, ugh I lose it. "...windows down in the baaack, of yellow checkered cars." What key is that even in?

Bryan Diem likes this.
  19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

BANG THE DOLDRUMS TOP UNDERRATED FOB CUT?

SamLevi11, ConArdist and Anna Acosta like this.
  20. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Listened to Bang the Doldrums, now have to listen to the whole thing. Thx bbz

Bryan Diem and ConArdist like this.
  21. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I'm not sure of Hum Hallelujah is underrated. But if so, that's my favorite song off this album (and by fall out boy in general)

Bryan Diem likes this.
  22. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Absolutely! And another potential classic bites the dust...

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The stretch from Bang the Doldrums to You're Crashing might be the most underappreciated stretch of songs in their discography...so much ground is covered, and its pretty experimental/weird.

ConArdist and Bryan Diem like this.
  24. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Isn't this album slightly underrated, relatively speaking? I know a lot of people who don't care for it, especially the second half. But, if you take out Crashing and have a good sense of humor about the bridge of Carpal Tunnel, the second half is as good as it gets.

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this is my favorite FOB album pretty easily, even if i haven't listened to it in years

ConArdist likes this.