Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Failure - In the Future Your Body Will Be the Furthest Thing from Your Mind (November 16, 2018) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by christsizedshoes, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

I definitely like LP5's first 8 more than THIAM to this respective point.

2. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Released a third EP today. Giving it a spin now.

stars143 and angrycandy like this.
  3. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

It's good. Doesn't grab me immediately like Your Body Will Be but it's solid nonetheless. The last track is the standout for me.

4. christsizedshoes

Trusted

The last track is easily the highlight but the other two are already growing quickly after a couple listens. I'm in love these dystopian, electronic-tinged soundscapes they're exploring nowadays.

This LP is going to fucking slay. Very good chance it ends up a close #2 behind FP in their discography, IMO.

5. atlas

Trusted

"Found A Way" is a fuckin meaty tune good god

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love the latest ep

7. christsizedshoes

Trusted

LP5 is officially In the Future Your Body Will Be the Furthest Thing from Your Mind and drops tomorrow with four new tracks.

LightWithoutHeat and angrycandy like this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

So it’s all of the EP’s combined with four new tracks?

9. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

nice

nice title too

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck yeah

11. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Yeah, that's been the plan since they first announced it in March. I'm a little surprised that the LP track sequencing is just the EPs in exact order plus the new ones at the end, though... not sure that's the best way to lay out what we've heard so far, at least.

cherrywaves likes this.
  12. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

The final 4 are pretty amazing. And weird.

christsizedshoes likes this.
  13. christsizedshoes

Trusted

New songs slap

This is so good, 16 tracks and only 3 segues, and I think the material is stronger and more cohesive than Heart Is a Monster

A damn shame it seems to be getting considerably less attention than Heart. FP is legendary and this may well be their second best right behind it.

14. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i was worried just stacking the eps on top of each other would make for awkward sequencing but it... works? this album rules

15. atlas

Trusted

After mostly abstaining from the EPs I gave this a cursory listen last night and it was real good. major Koi-era Deftones vibes on the chorus of No One Left

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Only played one of the ep's. Really glad now. Still need to listen to the LP.

17. christsizedshoes

Trusted

This is AOTY for me after thinking Coheed was going to run away with it. The track sequencing falls into place perfectly after all, and I'm super into almost every song. After listening nonstop since last week... don't hold me to it yet, but... I think this might match FP.

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

it’s so fucking crazy good

19. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Spring 2019 tour announced with Swervedriver. That's what you call a can't-miss

20. atlas

Trusted

definitely hitting that up in Chicago. saw someone online tease this tour a while ago saying it was Failure and another reunited 90s rock band so I was hoping for Hum but this is the next best thing

21. christsizedshoes

Trusted

My thoughts exactly... Hum+Failure coinciding with the new Hum LP was the dream scenario, but this'll sure as hell do.

22. JM95

Trusted

There's a new Hum album coming out?

Fucking yes.

23. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Well it's kind of turning into the "new Tool album." Think there's been talk of it since 2011 or so. Matt claimed back in the summer/fall that it's already being mixed, but no news in the past several months

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Don’t tease me with new HUM

25. atlas

Trusted

Been listening to this a bunch lately in anticipation of seeing them next month. It's really, really great. I'm not quite comfortable saying it's better than Fantastic Planet but it's probably as close as they can reasonably get

christsizedshoes likes this.