Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fahrenheit 451 (HBO) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 12, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Led by Michael B. Jordan, Sofia Boutella, and Michael Shannon, the film focuses on a future American society where books are outlawed and “firemen” burn any that are found. Jordan portrays lead character Montag, a young fireman who “forsakes his world and struggles to regain his humanity as he battles his mentor, fire captain Beatty, played by Shannon,” HBO announced in a press release. Boutella (whom we all know from The Mummy and Kingsman: The Secret Service) stars as Clarisse, an informant caught between the competing interests of Montag and Beatty. The cast also includes Lilly Singh as Raven, a tabloid reporter who works with the fire department to spread the ministry’s propaganda by broadcasting its book-burning raids to fans.

Contender, Ken and Anthony_ like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Really excited for this.

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Was waiting for a remake of this... can't wait.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Very interested. Great cast so far.

5. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Excited.

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

everyones favorite summer reading book

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Yessssssssss

Ken likes this.
    theagentcoma likes this.
  9. Looks good, and it's another excuse not to cancel my HBO subscription ha.

10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Ooooh this looks good. After Nocturnal Creatures I became a huge fan of Michael Shannon.

11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Hopefully you’ve seen Take Shelter.

coleslawed and Adrian Villagomez like this.
  12. And the first few seasons of Boardwalk Empire.

13. theagentcoma

I haven't!! I need to

Ken likes this.
  15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This looks really, really good.

16. Has anybody watched this? I forgot it premiered. I'll try to get to it this week.

17. Garrett

This was so bad and such a bastardization of a perfect novel that I turned it off ten minutes in.

18. theagentcoma

damn, good to know.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Garrett

I’m upset because I was pretty stoked on it.

20. As someone who's never read the source material, I thought this was a middling clutter. The performances are good, and the movie looks fine, but the script is lacking. There are some interesting concepts, but they're not fleshed out enough to leave a real impression. I did like the Beatty character. I feel like there was a lot to explore with him, but the movie just didn't have enough time. I think this would've worked better as a mini-series.

21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched. I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Yeah, it’s not perfect and they could have used some more development. Could definitely see it working better as a mini-series. But for what it is, both Michaels give great performances and it’s an interesting/new take on the material.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Michael B Jordan is an incredible actor. Script wasn’t perfect but I’m a sucker for dystopian visuals with callbacks to Blade Runner. I liked it. Not the book at all, still entertaining.

Jason Tate and coleslawed like this.
  23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Weird interpretation. I enjoyed it for what it was, but this was my favorite book I studied in high school and given the talent involved, I wish it was a little more straightforward.

the ending with the bird felt like such a bullshit cop out. They imprinted the entirety of literature on to its DNA so that free thought would survive through animals? That makes such little sense that I honestly question whether I just misunderstood the whole thing

24. I watched the first 5 minutes and turn it off. I’ll go back and watch it sometime.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Finally watched this and boy did I hate it.

coleslawed likes this.