Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Facebook Website

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Facebook (Official Thread)

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like the new "like" button is on the way.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I really don't like those reaction buttons. They're kind of annoying.

4. I keep accidentally hitting them.

GettingSodas likes this.
  5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

the reaction faces are helpful for judging the mood of the two top comments. so if a post is critical of Bernie Sanders you'll have several ways to tell now!

i almost never use even the like button anyway though so i don't think i'm the target demo haha.

also, after i uninstalled the FB and messenger apps on my Android phone my battery life skyrocketed. the mobile site is clunky as fuck though sadly.

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

FB is truly fascinating in the sense that it is a total aggregate of society and all arguments on there reflect it well.

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Umm not in Pakistan. Wife got it too. As well as one of her friends. Like the feature but wonder why it was sent to us being in the area.

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 11.52.55 AM.png

8. Got that too. Very weird.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

search suggestions is annoying as ever on facebook.

troyplaysbass and Jason Tate like this.
  10. Did they do away with Graph Search? I used to be able to search "friends who live in California that like Bayside" and get a list of names. Awesome tool for PR, but it hasn't worked for me in some time.

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

Yeah they don't have graph search anymore. Facebook keeps suggesting me crap I don't want to see when I begin typing. There is no way to turn it off. You can delete search history but that doesn't change the suggestions lol. Super annoying.

12. Malatesta

it's also shit when i search Chat and get a bunch of people i've never heard of. are there ways to tweak that so I can just see conversations and contacts? because that would make much more sense

13. Has anyone had any issues with the Facebook app in that they'll randomly get a "pop up" window saying you're a lucky visitor/winner, and to click "OK" to proceed, but you cannot exit out of that window, and the only way to get rid of it for the most part is to delete and reinstall the app?

14. Malatesta

the official app? that sounds like your phone might have some kind of malware. admittedly not a security guru or mobile tech authority but that sounds extremely unlike Facebook's method of advertisement.

15. Yeah it's the official app. I recently had to do a full system restore on my phone about 2 weeks ago because updating to the current iOS froze it. I briefly googled malware removal for iPhone and on the apple support page it said a non jailbroken phone cannot get malware. I'll look more into it once I'm done with work. It's happened in the past too. It's really strange.

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Thought this was pretty awesome when viewing on mobile. Moving your phone around to check out the different camera angles. Haven't seen that before.

17. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/30/t...news-feed-to-focus-on-friends-and-family.html

This has probably been seen, but I really disagree with it. I want to see less of my friends' dumb posts, not more of them. Plus I subscribe to so many pages that I see nothing about I feel like I'm going back to the days where I'm checking band websites to find out tour dates. Facebook had made things significantly easier to follow products, but they seem to just move far away from that.

18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

How can I stop seeing notifications for things that have nothing to do with me?I've tried messing with notification settings, but I'm still seeing a ton that don't concern me in any way

19. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Deactivated my facebook last week, it's been nice.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just got a notification that someone tried to login to my account from an unfamiliar location. FB automatically temporarily locked my account until I went on. It showed me the login attempt was from Russia and asked if it was me or not. Then let me reset my password. Thought that was pretty cool how that whole process worked to protect my account.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  22. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Anyone know how I can stop getting notifications for random people's activities (x posted a picture, y commented on his post, etc)? It stopped for a while but it's doing it again.

GettingSodas likes this.
  24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious