Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Face To Face - No Way Out But Through (Sept 10, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Dog Fish

Mutt

hell to the fuck to the yea

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Let’s gooooo!

3. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

Great song. Just weird that the vinyl will ship a whole 3 months after the release...

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I want the colored vinyl but that shirt is a hard no for me haha. Was hoping for some pink thrown in there like the album cover.

5. .K. Jul 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 15, 2021)
    .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been expecting an announcement for a while. Always a favourite.

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

7. .K. Aug 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2021)
    .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Farewell songs feels like a more modern Ignorance Is Bliss or similar to So Long from So Why Aren't You Happy? EP, Trever's Meloncholics, Standars and Practices with touch of Reactionary and older stuff.

No Way Out But Through has a heavy Protection feel with a bit of How To Ruin Everything.

When they talked about fresh new tracks with a touch of nostalgia they weren't kidding. Looking forward to this and I wish it came out a little earlier.

8. Do people still hate Ignorance is Bliss or have fans finally come to the realization that it’s probably their best album?

Kopitar11, .K. and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ive always fucking loved IIB

Kopitar11, .K. and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d still say Self titled is there best.

Ignorance is Bliss is a really special album. First listen I felt “wow…that was unexpected”. Second listen I just listened and was blown away by the layers and range and have been ever since. They went in to do something new and create a masterpiece. Really way ahead of their time there.

Kopitar11 likes this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Farewell Song is really good. Really digging it.

.K. and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m guessing this will be the only song like it if Trever was hesitant when Scott brought it in to work on. They are really good at this hybrid sound though, so hopefully the positive feedback on Farewell Song allows them to feel comfortable flirting with a few songs in the IIB vein in the future too.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Y’all got me listening to IIB today.

bradsonemanband and .K. like this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

ugh, I need this on vinyl. It’s just so fucking good.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to live in a dive for first time today on my stroll with my daughter. Damn that live album rips. I only wish they played Discconected all the way through instead of letting the crowd sing it because Trever and the backup vocals sound so fucking good during the entire show.

Also, like wtf? Damn me to hell if Scott Shiflett isn’t the worlds most underrated punk rock bass player of all time. He’s so good. He’s almost too good haha. He just fits perfectly in FTF.

Kopitar11 and .K. like this.
  17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Dude could be a lead guitarist for pretty much anybody too

Kopitar11 likes this.
  18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Scott doesn’t just let the bass sit back. He’s really developed a distinct sound in the band and genre. Underrated is an accurate description of his contributions to songs.

Kopitar11 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I know what I’m listening to while hiding away in my office this afternoon. Full album.

20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Me too!!

21. .K. Sep 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2021)
    .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Album is so reflective of their discography. After hearing the first two songs and various comments from the band I expected that but it’s so true. Parts of 2000’s discography a little more than anything. Also Scott Shifflett is so nifty on the bass. Another solid f2f album and they built nicely off Protection.

Standouts for me after first listen: Farewll Song, Vertigo-go, This is My Vanishing Act

Kopitar11 likes this.
  22. razorburn

Trusted

Definitely echo the retrospective vibe, which would make sense since Trever stated this will be their last album.

And damn, what an album to go out on. This is going to be up there for me in their discography, I feel.

.K. likes this.
  23. didn't realize this is supposed to be their last album... damn. i'll definitely have to see them live now next time they come through utah.

.K. likes this.
  24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Go out on? I don’t remember seeing anything about that. I guess other than the track title Farewell Song I didn’t necessarily assume that because they all seem happy with the lineup