Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Face to Face Announce Live Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I love Face To Face, and I know this isn't their first live album but... I can't help but feel a little disappointed with that track listing. I was anticipating more than 12 tracks on this. Feels slightly underwhelming as far as song selection goes (especially compared to the other Live In A Dive albums).

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’ll def check this out. I still listen to their acoustic album all the time. It’s great

4. Eml182

Regular

Not happy that it’s only 12 songs, however, am very happy with the track listing. Some good old rarities on the list

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

12 tracks does seem short, but it’s cool to have a second live record, and I’m glad there’s not a bunch of Live album repeat selections.

6. Gen Handley

Regular

Was hoping Blind was on this...

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Blind was already on Live. Just curious why you want another live version of Blind instead of other songs.

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

For me, I prefer live records that feel like a full-on show from start-to-finish...The Fat press release says the band "selected highlights" from the three nights they played St. Vitus back in the winter. So I guess that's not really the intention here. But still...

Would have preferred have a longer track list (even if it topped out at 17-18 tracks) with some additional stuff that's a bit more in the "greatest hits" vein, whether they were repeats from the earlier live record or not. Just so it feels more "rounded out."

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve seen them live a bunch of times, so I guess for me I’d rather just have a variety of different songs from different albums than a show front to back. Also, they have best of record already. I don’t know why it got capped at 12.

I will say, it’s nice Fat Wreck has given them a home to release an album, acoustic album and live album all within a few years.

10. Gen Handley

Regular

Yeah true - I love all versions of that song.

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Great song indeed. I’m happy to Resignation on there.

12. TsD

Also, pre-order for fb fan members went up for Ignorance is Bliss!!! I absolutely love that record!!! PS-if youre canadian, the shipping's a bitch

13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

That's the truth. With the going rate for international shipping and current exchange rate, I've had to become pretty picky about what vinyl I pre-order from the States.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

IIB is the outside the box record bands have been trying to make for years.

15. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

I'm not seeing anything on their fb about it, can you help out?

16. Eml182

Regular

.K. likes this.
  17. TsD

So sorry! I got a new phone and havent been logged in.

18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Standards and Practices Part II is out. 3 new covers and some other previously released or rare b-side covers.

1) A Million Miles Away by The Plimsouls
    2) Coma Girl by Joe Strummer
    3) The Grind by Naked Raygun
    4) Private Hell by The Jam previously released as a How To Ruin Everything b-side
    5) Bad Reputation by Joan Jett previously released as a How To Ruin Everything b-side
    6) Wasted Life by Stiff Little Fingers previously released on the Dropkick Murphy's split HTRE era
    7) In A Big Country by Big Country previously Standards and Practices b-side
    8) Tommy Gun by The Clash previously on Clash Tribute Burning London
    9) Whip It by Devo previously on We Are Not Devo Tribute
    10) Planet Earth by Duran Duran previously Standards and Practices b-side