Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Face to Face – “Double Crossed” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

Excellent.

3. IceStationZebra

Regular

It's such a shame that this band didn't continue down the path of their masterpiece, Ignorance Is Bliss. Instead, they're writing the same songs and records over and over again to keep their existing fan base happy. I loved everything they did pre-Reactionary, but it pains me that they chose regression instead of further progression.

4. J.Dick

Regular

I understand what you are saying but this record is so damn good.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. jco3

Regular

That's a fun song. I need to listen to them more.

6. razorburn

Trusted

If you enjoyed Ignorance Is Bliss, check out Trever's solo album Melancholics Anonymous. Complete continuation of that sound.

J.Dick likes this.
  7. jco3

Regular

I'm listening to Ignorance is Bliss right now for the first time, and besides the song featured up top, It's my first time listening to Face To Face. I absolutely love what I'm hearing. I can hear how it must have been pretty damn influential amongst a good portion of the bands on ole' absolutepunk and now chorus.fm. Great stuff.

8. J.Dick

Regular

I remember when Ignorance is Bliss was released and it was dead on arrival. People hated it at the time. It's easy to say that it is too bad they didn't continue to go that way but if they had F2F would not have continued to play bigger shows (they lost fans with that album) and would have not been able to maintain their career. 1 record like that is fine for me. Trevor's solo stuff and Viva Death kind of scratch that itch anyway.
    I'm loving Protection too much to deny its greatness.

9. razorburn

Trusted

I remember reading that people would turn their backs at shows when they played material from it, much like when Jawbreaker released Dear You.

The entitlement of punk fans, huh.

10. J.Dick

Regular

No. One hand had a middle finger the other a thumb down.

isaidreiss likes this.