Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

F9 (Justin Lin; June 25, 2021) Movie • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jan 24, 2020.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I agree with whoever said just have one of his brothers play him. They can’t keep making up excuses for why he’s not in it. “Aw shit Brian has jury duty this week, gotta save the world without him again”

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

“Damn Brian is stuck at the parent teacher conference”

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So I still have only seen the first two and I think 5? Did they really not write Paul Walker off permanently?

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I haven't seen this new one yet but I actually thought they wrote him off in such a surprisingly tasteful way that I'd be disappointed if they went back on that

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  5. Morrissey

Trusted

They did write him off decently, but it wasn't really fair to the Mia character which is why she came back in this one. Considering the fact that Brian's arc was that he loved the thrill and danger, it doesn't really make sense that he becomes the group babysitter while his wife with two children goes off to do jobs.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

At the end of 7 Brian and Mia retire from the action movie life permanently. Or so we thought, as Mia showed up in this one because it involved her and Dom’s brother. So he’s still alive canonically in the world of the movies.

7. soggytime

Trusted

It’s kind of refreshing that a big franchise like this takes it one movie at a time and clearly does not worry about what is being setup for future movies at all.

The choice they made about Brian in Furious 7 was tasteful and made sense in the moment for that movie. But since we are going to keep getting these, they clearly have not figured out what they want to do about his absence yet lol

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i have not seen a single minute of a Fast movie after 2fast but a few friends were discussing this too, do they plan to end it after 10? i thought i read somewhere they did, and if so, with 1 movie to go it almost makes sense to just keep his fire alive in little hints and nods. maybe they digitally restore him for a scene in the final movie.

9. Cmoney86

Trusted

they are ending it after 11. the finally movie will be split into 2 parts so 10 and 11

10. soggytime

Trusted

Well, we’ll see how 10 and 11 do. There’s always potential for more

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Fast 10 and Furious 10

Nick, GrantCloud and bobby_runs like this.
  12. i adore this franchise but i absolutely hope they stop after 11

13. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

[​IMG]

14. Anthony_

According to Vin it’s going to be 10 Part 1 and 10 Part 2, not 10 and 11

Joe4th likes this.
  15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’m also totally ok with the story kind of being Brian agreed to watch the kids while Mia returns to the group and we still get fun almost glimpses of Brian. Really isn’t fair for Jordana Brewster otherwise IMO

soggytime and Joe4th like this.
  16. wade

*DX CHOP*

It’s a shame Brian got adult onset car sickness.

Zilla, Furry Werthers and Sean Murphy like this.
  17. Morrissey

Trusted

The series is not going to end with the last two films. Vin Diesel might stop appearing in them and the main continuity might stop, but they already have a Hobbs and Shaw 2 planned and have discussed an all-female spinoff. It will keep going until it stops being profitable.

soggytime likes this.
  18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

surprised they haven't done a TV spinoff after all these years

19. Morrissey

Trusted

The fourth season just came out this year.

20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

oh wow i had no idea lol

21. Anthony_

upload_2021-6-29_17-29-45.gif

Joe4th likes this.
  22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

upload_2021-6-29_20-25-25.jpeg

23. williek311 Jul 1, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2021)
    williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

This movie was dumb as hell. It was fun though. Me and my dad were the only people in the theater just laughing at the ridiculousness.

i will say I don’t think there was one stunt or set piece that was not basically shown in full in the trailer.

Zilla and imthesheriff like this.
  24. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

No reason to end this franchise in its current form. Could advance the plot line really quick to have their kids take the torch.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Fast 9 beat the shit out of Fast 8. Really enjoyed this one. It was completely outrageous and I’m all for it.

Some of John Cena’s lines were hilariously awful. He’s supposed to be some rogue spy yet has some intense family/father trauma to a point it makes him come off like a child.

Still think Dave Batista should have been cast for that role.

DrAlanGrant likes this.