Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

F9 (Justin Lin; June 25, 2021) Movie • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jan 24, 2020.

1. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I’ve caught up on the entire series in the last few weeks except 8. I had only seen the first two before, but they are so much fun. Good to know I can just watch 8 and skip Hobbs and Shaw. I’ll be seeing this in a few weeks once the crowds thin out a bit.

2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I wasn't prepared for just how awful this turned out to be. It felt like it was written by an algorithm. Everyone in it is acting in a different movie, and no one takes it more seriously than Vin.

My expectations were incredibly low and just wanted a dumb action movie, but this somehow couldn't even clear that low bar. Its a total nonsensical mess.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

For the purposes of seeing this one, yes you can skip it. It’s a fun movie though so worth seeing eventually.

4. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

This was awful and I had so much fun. First time back in a theater and watching it with a crowd was great. My fiancé and I and a few people next to us were losing our absolute shit at the weird Star Wars dialogue

5. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Smh the best thing about these movies is how seriously Vin takes them I don’t want that to ever change

soggytime, Orla, GrantCloud and 3 others like this.
  6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This was delightfully stupid. Loved it. 10/10.

Dan Quinlan likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The main feeling I got from this movie was a desire to rewatch Tokyo Drift.

imthesheriff likes this.
  8. Morrissey

Trusted

Young Jakob crying in his car as he speeds away after losing the race is the funniest thing I have seen in years.

soggytime, bobby_runs and Zilla like this.
  9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This movie was not working for me at all until they introduced the magnets, which absolutely ruled. Even when they were in fucking outer space I was like “yeah yeah yeah, can we get back to the magnet chase tho?”

imthesheriff likes this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Half way through this movie I was wishing it was over lol

11. Morrissey

Trusted

What is the deal with the faces Vin Diesel makes when he is trying to be emotional? The two that stick out are when CGI Paul Walker pulls up to him in 7 and his last scene with his kid in this one. He contorts his face so strangely.

12. imthegrimace

he’s ACTING!

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah he’s doing Fellini geez

chewbacca110 likes this.
  14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Felt so nice to be back in a theater. I couldn’t have asked for a better scenario, early afternoon showing with two other people at the concession stand and only four other people in my showing.

This was okay, better than 8 and Hobbs & Shaw for sure. After rewatching the entire series this week, 5 and 6 are the best.

15. imthegrimace

Yeah 5 and 6 are the best for sure. 2 is also way more fun than I remembered.

jkauf likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Transformers and Fast would make more sense for sure

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

aoftbsten and Anthony_ like this.
  19. Morrissey

Trusted

The Toretto father is definitely going to turn out to be alive and played by someone like Sylvester Stallone, right? Did they ever address Mrs. Toretto?

soggytime, flask and jkauf like this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

How is Cena in this

21. imthegrimace

He’s okay. His role isn’t as big as I thought it would be. He’ll 100% be in the next one.

22. stvvvn Jun 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2021)
    this was a dumb, fun movie which is all you can expect from the franchise at this point

curious as to how they’ll continue Brian’s story, if at all

23. imthegrimace

Yeah it’s super weird they keep pretending like he’s alive.

24. Morrissey

Trusted

I imagine they are hedging their bets on how much technology improves in digitally bringing back actors. They probably have had discussions on whether or not it would be worth it to have him make a cameo versus how much blowback there would be for the tastelessness.

25. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Should team up to take down Godzilla or King Kong. Would fit in the Universal universe.