Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

F9 (Justin Lin; June 25, 2021) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i'd say this a decent F&F entry but a GREAT time at...

(cont'd on next post)

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

...THE MOVIES

3. Morrissey

Trusted

So this is basically just fan service, right? People wanted Han back and people wanted space and they got it. That makes it seem like the Jurassic Park crossover will really happen.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The scene with Helen Mirren was incredible

imthesheriff and Joe4th like this.
  5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

What’s the deal with the Jurassic World 3 trailer before imax F9?

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i hear some people are getting it and others aren't

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

honestly, if any amount of time needs to be cut from this, it's the thirty or so seconds where cipher makes a bunch of weird star wars references

jjnunn118, justin., Osceola13 and 2 others like this.
  8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Wow. Is there any way to find out other than calling? (Lol anxiety). I will be so mad if I pay to see this Monday in imax and don’t get it

9. Anthony_

the punchline to that scene is so good though

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i feel like you might still get it because the people i saw who tweeted they got it didn't confirm they did it in imax. sorry if i induced panic there

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

wasn't good enought to NOT take me out of the film, imo

12. Anthony_

I think it would have been better if Otto hadn’t also been making Star Wars references right before that when he was yelling at his goons.

13. Morrissey

Trusted

Letty reaching out for Dominic in the water, bathed in light, had to be a situation where Vin Diesel saw it in some other movie and decided to copy it as is.

imthesheriff and Zilla like this.
  14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Oh no you’re good! Calling to confirm I will get the scene will sux. But it’ll be worth it. Prob worth it just to see this behemoth in imax

15. Cmoney86 Jun 24, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2021)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

Mid credit scene holy shit…..

movie ruled but the stunts keep getting way out there. The magnetic scenes are only rivaled by the safe scene or zombie cars

16. wade

*DX CHOP*

Shit slapped

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

my screening didn’t have a post credits scene, just mid credits. what the hell happened

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

imthesheriff, joe.boy.fresh. and Serh like this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

There’s only a mid-credits scene iirc

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Movie ruled, love how absolutely ridiculous the premise continues to get and how absurd the stunts/set pieces are

Saw it in IMAX, which had the Jurassic World trailer before it. Threw me off, wasn’t expecting it at all lol

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. dlemert

Trusted

Saw this last night, and while my expectations were pretty lukewarm going in, this quite easily exceeded pretty much every expectation I had. While not quite as good as F5, it very much feels like a love letter to the franchise in a way that's very similar to that movie.

22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Going to watch 8 tonight in preparation. Can I skip Hobbs and Shaw?

23. dlemert

Trusted

Also, it seems like the majority of negative reviews I've read mention that this movie is the straw that breaks the camel's back in regards to the action and insanity of it all. But to me it doesn't feel any more over-the-top than the last few entries of the series. It never quite drifts into Hobbs & Shaw territory of unbelievability. F9 isn't a grounded movie by any means, but it at least feels grounded in the F&F universe, which H&S never did.

Dan Quinlan and Anthony_ like this.
  24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yes. It’s not good

Dan Quinlan and Matt like this.
  25. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

In my seat

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.