Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

F9 (Justin Lin; June 25, 2021) Movie • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jan 24, 2020.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Fast Five is still the best F&F movie.

Why Bother? and imthesheriff like this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Having a tough time even getting through it. It starts strong with the train heist but then gets so painfully boring for like a solid hour. I think this series just truly isn’t for me haha

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this has a lot of issues but it’s a noticeable improvement over the last one (or two if you include H&S.) i think i’m gonna be in the minority of those who enjoyed it overall

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Is it just me or is The Rock like obviously a better actor than Vin Diesel

5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Hearing what Vin Diesel sounds like in real life makes me think he’s the better actor just because he sounds nothing like Dom.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The Rock has more range as an actor but Diesel is just completely in his element in the Fast movies

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was every bit as ridiculous as you might expect. When it opens with a backstory that none of the other movies hinted at, you know you’re in for a ride.

Still, you could easily shave 45 minutes off of this. No need for it to be as long as it is. And Vin Diesel - his acting gets worse as time goes on.

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I haven’t seen it but I’m going to disagree that it needs trimmed.

Zilla likes this.
  9. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

If anything this should be longer I haven’t seen it

Zilla likes this.
  10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha. I’m saying I enjoyed it all with a great audience. But the 2.5 hours is gonna be an impediment if I thought about watching it at home. It definitely does not need to be that long.

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. Anthony_

I'm going to luxuriate in every second of that run time in the theater and then buy the 4K blu-ray on day one so I can do it again lol

12. Morrissey

Trusted

Hobbs and Shaw was the worst one by far. Cyborg people is a bit too far.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  13. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Part of what makes them so fun is how serious Vin Diesel takes the movies. Hobbs and Shaw was too goofy at points and didn’t have the same vibe as the rest of the movies.

Zilla likes this.
  14. Morrissey

Trusted

You articulated something I felt too. When Vin Diesel guides a missile into a submarine with his racing skills he thinks he is making a masterpiece. The Rock has spent his whole life working the crowd and it shows.

imthesheriff likes this.
  15. Serh Jun 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2021)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

casting the rock as a legitimate romantic lead opposite shaw’s sister is way more unrealistic than a bionic stringer bell

Zilla likes this.
  16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I was just talking with someone that Vin, no matter how unintelligible his dialogue is or his performance, is the key to all of this because of his serious he is. Like I’m not sure he understands the concept of humor or jokes and we’re all the better for it.

imthesheriff likes this.
  17. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

It’s hard for Vin Diesel to understand many things when he doesn’t understand when this turned into beautiful world.

Zilla likes this.
  18. Cmoney86

Trusted

Excited to finally be seeing this tonight at 7pm

19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

One of the cringiest interviews ever.

Nyquist likes this.
  20. Anthony_

In the theater right now, let’s goooooo

solxace, Zilla, PepsiOne and 3 others like this.
  21. Only one I have ever seen, in a packed theater reacting to character comebacks I didn't even understand.

Had the best time.

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

how packed is it

23. Morrissey

Trusted

It is really strange that they don't acknowledge Hobbs' absence at all. That is worse than just having some throwaway line.

24. Anthony_

decent amount of people but not full by any means

25. Anthony_

Movie rules btw