Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

F9 (Justin Lin; June 25, 2021) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jan 24, 2020.

1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I mean, if all the reviews were saying this was boring I’d be worried. Having a bunch of people saying “this is exactly what you expect it to be” is reassuring

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

also i don't quite recall what initial reviews for F8 were, and that movie wasn't good

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I liked F8, but I also truly didn't dislike any of the 9 movies. I thought they were all enjoyable to varying degrees.

oncenowagain likes this.
  5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

They’re all fun.

Anthony_ likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

This has 33% on rotten tomatoes (only 6 reviews) but all the negative reviews read positive? They’re like “it’s too fucking wild and crazy” motherfucker that’s what we want

GrantCloud, bobby_runs and Anthony_ like this.
  7. imthegrimace

Yeah give me absolute bonkers shit. That’s what I’m here for.

8. Anthony_

37A2AA26-107A-4C61-B0A3-A848431CFC20.jpeg

???????

oncenowagain likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Dammit, Cena. I know he has to follow the money due to it being a press tour for F9, but come on.

John Cena Apologizes to China for Calling Taiwan a Country

He continued: “I’m very sorry for my mistakes. Sorry. Sorry. I’m really sorry. You have to understand that I love and respect China and Chinese people.”

“Please say ‘Taiwan is part of China’ in Chinese. Otherwise, we will not accept your apology,” one Weibo user responded in a comment that was liked thousands of times.

This is as embarrassing as it is cringe.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

late reply but i like tim grierson and i don't think he's too out of bounds, even though i'm prepared to like the film more than he apparently did. F&F is like the taco bell of movie franchises (i don't mean that negatively) and the stuff that we're looking for with F9 might not translate as well to every critic out there, even the more trustworthy ones

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Just booked a private theater screening for this. Can't wait!

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Watched the first two last week. This might be a controversial opinion, but 2 Fast 2 Furious > The Fast & The Furious.

14. Anthony_

I think it is controversial but I also think 2 Fast is better than the first one

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

You know what bugs me about OG F&F? One of Dom’s crew drives a bright ass yellow Nissan R33 Skyline GTR, a car never imported in the US, and he drives it all over the place but the cops just somehow can’t find him. I know it’s a movie but it’s something I tend to pick at.

16. imthegrimace

Cops r dumb

Zilla, Osceola13, bobby_runs and 4 others like this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

ACAD

Zilla, DarkHotline and imthesheriff like this.
  18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I have no knowledge of cars and this is hysterical to me.

DarkHotline likes this.
  19. DarkHotline

I mean, it’s not as bad as Brian going to a random car lot and finding a dust covered R34 Skyline unwanted, that one was absolutely absurd

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I know absolutely nothing about cars, but they go vroom vroom in these and I like that.

Crisp X and Osceola13 like this.
  21. DarkHotline

So Skylines are these prized cars in the tuner world, they’re often hard to come by in the States and they’re also very expensive. Back at that point, you literally had to import them if you wanted one and that would leave a paper trail. So if a cop was savvy enough and wanted to find who’s setting up street races, he could just look up where that dude was based on his car, if that makes sense.

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

Skylines are hard to come by in the states cuz they aren’t street legal. That’s why they made the gtr which is basically a street legal version of the car in the us

23. DarkHotline

The GT-R is a revival of the Skyline after they ended it years prior and because of the popularity the model had in the States through video games and movies, they decided to finally bring it over to the States. Similar with the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO when they brought the VIII over.

24. Cmoney86

Trusted

Theaters by me are selling this at full capacity

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

Also tickets bought to see this! Can’t wait! Been far to long since I’ve been to anything