Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

F.C.C. Repeals Net Neutrality Rules • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 14, 2017.

1. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Well, yes and no. The Verizon vs. FCC case in 2014 set a legal precedent for ISP's being able to block/restrict access to content at their own discretion. So that was really the catalyst for the urgency this has reached in the last few years.

It's not just some non-issue that's been amplified by people looking for something to be pissed about, as I have seen it regularly framed as.

Raku and theredline like this.
  2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Thank you for this. It's embarrassing how many of the myopic decisions that have been made this year were a result of the first reason you mentioned. The entire administration is a 3-year-old throwing a tantrum in a restaurant with total disregard for how many people have their meals ruined. The only difference is the 3-year-old doesn't know any better.

Raku likes this.
  3. Raku

Regular

Yep, and in that same vein...

I've seen idiots on the right celebrating this because it pisses off people on the left.

Only going to share one example because I don't want to wallow through any more of this bullshit. I need to get back to fighting for Net Neutrality, even though dumb-asses like the person down below don't care as long as they laugh at people on left getting upset.

Basically these people are sad pathetic trolls.