Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil And Vile (Joe Berlinger, May 3, 2019, Netflix) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 25, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

A chronicle of the crimes of Ted Bundy (Zac Efron) , from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend, Elizabeth Kloepfer, who refused to believe the truth about him for years.

In addition to Efron, it stars Lily Collins, Haley Joel Osment, Kaya Scodelario, John Malkovich and Jim Parsons.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Is it glorifying Bundy? I honestly don’t know his story, but the trailer makes him look like a cool celebrity.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I’m in

4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This could take the Natural Born Killers perspective and look at how fucked up
    it is how that the media eats up charming people, despite them being monsters.

Contender likes this.
  5. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

you should check out the 4 part Netflix doc just released on him. while i think the film will probably be pretty awful, by all accounts he was charming, intelligent, & kind of a celebrity (first trial ever to be televised, he defended himself, etc.), and sort of had this odd aurua around him despite what he was accused of (in the documentary they have some interviews outside of the court house of young/attractive women saying they don’t think he could have done it cause he’s handsome/charming/etc). this is all superfluous of course, the documentary does a nice job with interviewing people who actually knew him and painting him in a different light as well

kyle likes this.
  6. Why no adverb for Vile?

7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

If it isn’t a quote then wow what a bad title

8. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

the title is a reference to/the line that the presiding judge says to Bundy after his guilty verdict is read (not sure that makes it any better though)

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  9. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Literally just “Bundy” would have been fine lol

10. OotyPa

fall away

Here for it

11. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

The tone of the trailer is bizarre to me.

Aaron Mook, RyanPm40, ship90 and 2 others like this.
  12. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

The trailer did not make it seem like it's from her perspective

RyanPm40 and secretsociety92 like this.
  13. It looks good, I’m going to check it out. Thanks.

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I read it as "Shockingly" being the adjective for both words. Hence no comma before the "and".

yung_ting and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

It rings of how Jordan Belfort was portrayed in The Wolf of Wall Street. I know that movie got a little flack for it glorifying him as well.

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I have seen so much discourse surrounding this film/trailer, and yet I only just now realized that's the actual title of the film. Literally everyone's just referring to it as the bundy film or the zac efron bundy film

BirdPerson likes this.
  17. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

No one is ever going to refer to it by its actual name. They had to know that haha

CarpetElf, RyanPm40 and supernovagirl like this.
  18. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Also maybe it's time for me to read Ann Rule's book

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

20. Kuri44

21. Quite the tonal shift from the first trailer ha.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Bump since this is out now. Gonna check it out soon.

23. Davjs

Trusted

Gonna check this out sooner than later since the main dude James Hetfield is in it.

riotspray likes this.
  24. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Thought this was really good

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

So weird this didn't show up anywhere on my Netflix today. Had to search for it