Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

External HD / Cloud Backup

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by airik625, Jul 2, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Suggestions for backing up your computer? I currently use an external hard drive that supports 4TB worth of storage. It works fine, but it's extremely bulky. Also, it's the only backup I currently have. I have roughly three TB worth of media that if I were to lose, I'm not sure what I would do.

I've been doing some research on some possible alternatives, but having trouble finding one that can hold as much media as I have.

All I have is a laptop with only 120GB of internal memory - so I keep EVERYTHING on my externalHD. I've been considering just getting another exernal HD to back up my current one. I know how to use it and am usually intimidated at the thought of having to learn a new program/application.

This is what I've been looking at purchasing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0196J43TE/?tag=absolutepunk-20

You can add a protection plan of sorts so if it were to stop working, I could send it off and Seagate could rescue and recover everything that was damaged/lost. Then, they would send you a new external hard drive with everything you lost already on there, and if they were unable to recover your files, you get your money back.

thoughts/questions/comments would be appreciated, guys!