Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Explosions in the Sky - The Wilderness Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. bencoles

GLOW ON

So much gold out there by him. New album soon I hope.

Gooddayz likes this.
  2. bencoles

GLOW ON

Could have just been where I was sitting but the noise was insane last night. Loudest gig I can remember.

Toner likes this.
  3. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

The Birth and Death of the Day was absolutely deafening. What a thing to behold though!

4. bencoles

GLOW ON

Haha glad it wasn't just me! Very special setting.

5. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Yeah I was hugely impressed by the lighting effects. I wasn't expecting much in terms of theatricality when We Were Promised Jetpacks had such a simple setup. The stuff off The Wilderness sounded incredible too. You know it's a great show when an hour and a half doesn't seem long enough.

6. geauxtigers

Newbie Prestigious

Sorry to bump, but just curious what time did Explosions go on? Trying to make sure I make it on time.

7. saw these guys lastnight. amazing!

8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Anyone catch NPR's stream of the D.C. show?

Link is here.

9. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

Seeing them live tonight, so nope! Didn't want to spoil anything.

So ready for this.

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I like this album more and more as time goes on since my first listen and I return to it.

11. johnnyferris

Colors in Space is still my favorite!

12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Same, Colors in Space is my favorite from this album. I do think it's a solid album and I'm glad they took things in a different direction, just not one I'd find myself revisiting over their earlier albums that often.

johnnyferris likes this.
  13. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

They are fucking incredible live.

Also, Logic of a Dream and Disintegration Anxiety are 100x better in a live setting, and they were already awesome.

johnnyferris and Garrett L. like this.
  14. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Saw them at the start of the tour. Here's a video I took. Was pretty drunk by this song.

15. johnnyferris

Got to see them in Berlin tonight! They are unbelievably good. "Colors in Space" and Disintegration Anxiety are damn massive live.

16. johnnyferris

Kinda flipped out in the theater when they used Logic of a Dream in a Deepwater Horizon trailer.

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

this is the best and least boring they've been in quite a long time as far as I'm concerned. just for trying to do things a little differently

18. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

maybe it's because i didn't have any expectations for this at all, but it was a bunch of fun. logic of a dream into disintegration anxiety was great.

19. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

One of these songs was in the last vampire diaries episode and it took me like an hour to place where I knew the song

20. bobby_runs

21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Reading the description at the link...

The band asked for...a black leather shoe.

22. bobby_runs

Probably gonna buy both to take advantage of the sale and free shipping. Then free return on the one I end up not liking all that much

23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

You’re an idiot. This is a good record.

24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i feel like its in the upper half of their discog for sure. i love it.

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I never thought this band was as important as their popular peers who were better than them and around for years before.

At the very least, this is their best album in a very long time. It might be their best album period, especially because it eschews the trope riding of their previous material and the lesser acts of the genre as a whole.