Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Exclusive Acoustic Yellowcard Bonus Tracks at F.Y.E.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like I'll be stopping by FYE this fall.

3. SayHello

Regular

There are actually some FYEs still in my business / existence? Did not know that. Also seems kind of weird for a final album to have exclusive / deluxe tracks that are strictly retailer related.

4. It's that "gotta catch em all!" mentality, I guess. I liked when stores each had their own exclusives. It made it fun.

truelovewaits likes this.
  5. SayHello

Regular

Yeah, but honestly, not generally a fan of retail exclusives. Sure you can have them, but also offer pre-orders that are a couple extra bucks for them. It kind of makes those songs hard to find (in the future, five years down the line or whatever) for fans of said band.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. I agree, bands should at least offer deluxe digital versions of their albums that have all of the exclusives on them. I don't think exclusives are as regular these days though. Target usually does, and that's cool.

SayHello likes this.
  7. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Ryan key was bitching about Target on Twitter, so I'm guessing they aren't carrying the album

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Will try to get this from FYE for sure. The one near me is hit/miss for stocking new albums though.

9. Fox83

Trusted

I remember when FYE used to sell CDs for $16 or something crazy maybe 10-15 years ago. Is that still the case, or have they adjusted finally?

SayHello likes this.
  10. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Most are reasonable $10-$13 and often they are on sale.

Fox83 likes this.
  11. Fox83

Trusted

I hope so. Even in 2003 it blew my mind that top albums were on "sale" for the prices they were attempting.

SayHello likes this.
  12. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Yeah I rarely bought from FYE back in the day, best buy was always a better option. The last few albums I picked within the last year there were priced fine.

13. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Any other places offering exclusive YC tracks for this album or is FYE it?

14. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I kinda thought Best Buy or Target were the Hopeless go-tos?

15. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

FYE is cool for their first-week specials. Usually new music that comes out will be 7.99-9.99 for 7 days.

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

fuck FYE
    [​IMG]

Turkeylegz likes this.