Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Everything Sucks! (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Feb 20, 2018.

1. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

just finished this the other night and loved it. really hate that it got canceled especially with how big of a cliffhanger the show left on.

and we finally got to see Emaline and Kate in the last episode! and now they're taking that away from us. ugh.

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yoooo I somehow missed the news last month. Goddamnit.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Thought the show was very mediocre but for Netflix it seemed sure to have another season or two left in it

4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I just finished this today and I loved it. I'm so bummed Netflix didn't give them another season, it's honestyly surprising based on some of the other shows that they've given multiple seasons.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  5. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Halfway through this after deciding to give it another shot and I really like it. Sucks we won't be getting more

6. DooDooBird

Trusted

I’m just now hearing that this show got cancelled. I didn’t think it was very good. But it was entertaining enough for me to wonder where they would have went with a season 2. Kind of had that cliffhanger at the end.

7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I still have 2 episodes left but I'm supposed to believe that this 15 year old girl with a learner's permit is allowed and able to drive a school bus?

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Hey, it was the 90s!

riotspray likes this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Last few episodes were really good. Some of the acting/dialogue felt forced/off at the beginning, but it improved throughout and they did a great job of pulling it all together in the end.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  10. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

this show was so much better than pen15. its a shame it only lasted one season.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Agreed. My wife watched pen15 and mentioned how it was similar to Everything Sucks.
    Similar, sure. But anywhere close to being as good...nope.

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I disagree. I thought Pen15 was better.

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

to be fair, I only watched the first 3 episodes. Just didn't draw me in.

14. They’re both good but Pen15 >>>

supernovagirl and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Maybe I should go back and watch the whole thing

16. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I feel like Everything Sucks had more of a plot that made you care about the characters.

17. That’s actually how I feel about Pen15

riotspray likes this.
  18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I liked pen15 better because it was a direct dosage of nostalgia and relatability.
    It’s supposed to be funny, secondhand embarrassing, intimate and reflective. I just feel like they’re not even remotely going for the same type of vibe or show so it’s odd to compare them. Just bc they are both “period” adolescent shows?
    Everything sucks was so good, as a show. Pen15 is more like a living diary. I like that.

trevorshmevor and Nyquist like this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If it weren't for the last 2-3 episodes, Everything Sucks would've honestly been kinda mediocre.

supernovagirl likes this.
  21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it throughout and I do wish there was a 2nd season.

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally trying this and wow is the first episode ROUGH. I know the comparisons to PEN15 are pretty unfair since they’re so different, but having seen that so recently shines a light on this that makes it even harder to get into.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Had the same exact experience.

popdisaster00 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They really almost had me invested here at the end but now it kind of whiplashed into American Pie levels of cringe and I’m sad. I’m assuming the tonal shifts are one of the main criticisms for the whole show. I do feel like Kate may steal my heart by the end if I stick with it.

25. It gets better as the show goes on. But with the fact that it's cancelled, I don't even know if I would recommend people to start it. The time commitment might not be worth it.