Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Everything Sucks! (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Feb 20, 2018.

1. OhTheWater Feb 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2018)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Watching now. Better than I thought it’d be.

wizard of loneliness likes this.
  2. wizard of loneliness

harmonywoods.bandcamp.com

i loved watching this show!!! it's probably the most realistic teen show i've ever watched (the characters actually look their ages!!) and the diversity/representation is super sick. really hoping it gets a season 2 :heart:

3. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

A couple episodes in now, its fun. It's obviously not as good as Freaks and Geeks but sort of feels like a spiritual successor.

PeacefulOrca and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. Why does Kate look so much like Dustin from Stranger Things it’s tripping me tf out

Show is fun though, heavy cheese factor but a good, lighthearted watch

5. Just finished the season, only liked it more and more as it went on. These characters are really likeable. Totally on board for another season!

wizard of loneliness likes this.
  6. The trailer sold me, I'll have to check this out.

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Solid use of The Cranberries in the trailer....might have to watch just because of that.

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Glad there's an official thread now, curious how next season will go

9. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Ha I was telling all my friends that last night too!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. I googled their names together, and it looks like we’re not alone haha. The internet agrees that they look freakishly similar. No relation as far as anyone knows, though!

11. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I finished the season in 3 nights. Very easy to get through. I feel like each episode gets better and better. Really like all of the characters except the nerdy curly haired kid. He is too cliche.

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

2 eps in and enjoying it so far. The nostalgia, especially as a kid who grew up in the 90s is on point.

13. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Honestly the kid that plays Luke is SO GOOD. That kid's gonna have a hell of a career ahead of him after more people see this.

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I thought he was fantastic.

Pretty enjoyable show for what it was. Excited to see where they take the next season.

15. Will probs start this soon

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

If you didn't tear up during the blockbuster scene, I don't want to know you

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Just by looking at her mouth and listening to her talk, I’m thinkig she might also have that displasia disease that Dustin has?

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We just finished episode one...wow, wasn’t expecting them to go that far with the last scene, pretty edgy for dealing with a girl that’s supposed to be 14.

I love that it’s being that accurate about the teen experience tho. Not pretending that the boys are the only ones doing that and shit. And omg it was so much cringe when Dad came in.

19. Oh woah! I didn’t realize he was living with a disorder.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I can’t remember the name but whatever disease it is that he says he has in episode 1, the actor actually has that disease. The Duffer brothers decided to just write it into the show.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

In Praise of the 22-Minute Episode
    I'm still only on ep 2 but I completely disagree with this. the first two episodes were very strong imo.

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Someone was too lazy to watch the whole season so they wrote a review on only four episodes? What dimwits

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

No, the article is about the entire season.

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm the same way....we're 3 episodes in and while it is DEFINITELY nostalgia heavy and kind of using that to great degree, I'm still already hooked into the characters...I've already cringed so much, at the end of Ep 1 and the music video and etc. Even the 'unrealistic' stuff is hilarious to me.

25. I definitely think the first couple of episodes are straight up 90’s nostalgia bait. The show gets better about it but that article snippet seems more or less pretty spot on to me

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.