Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Everybody Wants Some (Linklater, 2016) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Jenner works in both films on a surface casting level. Blank slate here, too perfect prettyboy favorite child in 17. He’s adequate but doesn’t have a ton to do (though even with the little he has, he admittedly doesn’t do a lot)

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Finally watched this and damn, so great. Wish Beverly was in it more, though, and Beuter basically disappears after they fail to prank him in the locker room

Also it's astounding how most of the guys manage to end up having relatively well fleshed out personalities by the end. At the start I was expecting them to all feel completely interchangeable, especially since there was so many of them. But besides maybe Coma and Roper they all seemed to have at the very least a few key identifying factors/traits, if not an actual sense that they genuinely feel like real people. That feels like a pretty noteworthy achievement considering like 1/3 of the movie is just montages of partying lol

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The part where Beverly describes her high school might be my favorite moment in the film. Just in that “holy shit I’m discovering one of the next generations great actresses in real time” sort of way.

4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this is maybe my favorite linklater now, which feels crazy

TJ Wells and imthesheriff like this.
  5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t think it’s his best but it’s definitely my favorite

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Its top 5

Aregala likes this.
  7. Morrissey

Trusted

There is some really bad Linklater and then some really good Linklater. This is really good, but probably not top five (3 Before films, Boyhood, Slacker).

8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I demand respect on School of Rock’s name

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dazed
    3 Befores
    This
    Slacker
    Boyhood

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly don’t think he’s ever made a BAD movie.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Before sunset
    EWS!!
    School of Rock
    Boyhood
    Before sunrise

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Mike White is a genius

Nathan likes this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

Last Flag Flying is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The Newton Boys and Fast Food Nation are pretty awful. Me and Orson Welles is a bore. Bad News Bear is surprisingly not terrible.

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Totally forgot about The Newton Boys, haha.