Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Malatesta, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Jakob Allen

Trusted

That is way too far away, especially just for a single. This Album needs to release before the start of Warped. It just needs to.

2. Deathco_019

Drummer

Is two weeks really way too far away?

3. himynameisdakota likes this.
  4. I kinda feel like with how much they've been teasing new music and playing new songs live, waiting two more weeks to release a single via a Warped Tour comp seems a little silly. It was probably a decision made a while back that can't really be changed at this point though. Guess we're waiting!

5. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Agreed, and with how many songs we have already heard now, I think its a silly decision to release the album too far into the future...

But maybe I'm just impatient.

6. MattNCheeze

Trusted

I spin Ex Lives at least once a day. It's on my full time running playlist. While I wasn't the hugest fan of From Parts Unknown, I'm always stoked on new ETID.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  7. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I love how ETID changes it up all the time, but is always recognizable. So everyone has their favorites and is never definitive. I say this because Ex-Lives is my least favorite album of theirs. Still love it though. They are just so goddamn consistent

yeahrightdude likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I'm just down for some new ETID whenever.

Ex Lives is my favorite. I like the experimentation on there and Keith's clean vocals are so smooth (Revival Mode is a prime example) but his screams are still earth shattering. The addition of banjo and some keys helps keep the music fresh too. Hot Damn is my second favorite then after that it's pretty equal.

Burial Plot Bidding War is kind of bad though.

9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

dead_fm likes this.
  10. Ex Lives is my least favorite of theirs, as well. There's some great songs on it but overall it just doesn't do much for me.

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Only ones I don't really care for are Last Night In Town and The Big Dirty.

If Gutter Phenomenon didn't have tin-can guitars, or actual bass on it, I think it'd be top 3 for me

12. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, ETID's definitely one of those bands where I expect something different from each record but there's a 98% chance I'll end up liking it because it's always quality. My favorite is easily New Junk Aesthetic, though because I love the sound they had then. So many great hooks and guitars are just so heavy.

Also a big fan of Ex-Lives because I love stoner metal and that record has lots of Sabbath worship on it.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Yeah A LOT of Sabbath worship. It works so well. I love how ETID add a bit of throwback metal/rock into their sound (Guns N Roses come to mind) and make it work in tandem with the metal core sound they've established.

Hot Damn has got to be one of the most influential metalcore/hardcore albums ever, right up there with Jane Doe.

14. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

New song/video on or before the 24th!

16. fronkensteen

Trusted

Praise Jah

17. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Need the album in my life

18. I need just one studio version to hold me over.

19. Jakob Allen

Trusted

There must be something holding it up, since it seems like they don't even know when it will be released.

20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I'm getting that vibe, too. Which is weird because I thought Epitaph let bands do whatever they want, essentially.

Bayside recently said that the reason their album release date is so far away is they want the vinyl to be available on release day. I wonder if ETID is having the same issue.

21. That's interesting. I should start a vinyl pressing company; so hot right now.

22. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Interesting. Maybe that's why

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I'm late to the discussion but Keith's book had me questioning my intelligence and reading comprehension abilities for the first few chapters but after rereading them a few times I was able to get through it. I really enjoyed it.

Once you get passed the first handful of chapters it goes smoothly to the end.

24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

good to know because i read the first two chapters and haven't gone back since

25. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Shit I didn't know there was a bunch of new songs