Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Malatesta, Apr 7, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Interesting. That sucks about your injury, are you mostly better now? I had some lower back issues exacerbated from getting slammed into/knocked down at an ETID show too but, nothing surgery or PT worthy, and not by a member of the band haha.

2. I think the first single from Ex Lives, or maybe New Junk, came with the Warped comp.

3. Jakob Allen

Trusted

i think youre right, but I definitely remember Underwater Bimbos, and Marvelous Slut being released on their own prior (I think on youtube possibly?). Not as a compilation exclusive type of thing.

4. fronkensteen

Trusted

Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space was released as a music video before anything else, if I remember correctly.

5. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Yeah I'm pretty sure Marvelous Slut was on the Warped comp.

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Eh I'll save ya from a long bummer story and just say not really, unfortunately haha

Its a fun story to tell doctors though especially because I come from country-music-land and they all make the same face while trying to figure out how it is possible that a member of a band managed to fall on a member of the crowd haha

7. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

Man, we due for a single soon? I can't take it anymore. This is my summer record. I want it!

8. July release at this point?

9. chris-wrecker

Trusted

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Anyone at these UK shows, YouTube the new songs for us ?!

11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Ya ever just sit back and marvel at how fucking solid this bands catalog is.

Ex Lives though am I right.

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Absolutely. An incredible body of work. From Parts Unknown is one of their best.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

FPU has some top tier ETID tracks which is nuts considering its their 7th full length and theyre still putting out some of the best songs in their discography. "Moor" in particular is something else, that creepy organ line and then how it climaxes. Just haunting.

beachdude42 and FTank like this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

makes it all the more chilling when you know the backstory

beachdude42, FTank and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  15. CoffeeEyes17

now that you mention it i actually dont know the backstory to it. ill have to look that up

16. CoffeeEyes17

Oh shit wow, thats extremely chilling and sad.

FTank likes this.
  17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep. Takes the song to a whole different level

18. CoffeeEyes17

yeah that track is already top tier ETID but that elevates it even further. damn shame that something that unfortunate happened but I'm glad Keith could get some sort of catharsis by making this song.

Little off topic but I really enjoy Keiths clean vocals. "Revival Mode" may well be my favorite ETID song because of how catchy and smooth it is, but that ending is poundingly aggressive. Keiths screams have always been on point along with his lyrics, but his cleans are really solid too.

19. I couldn't find a direct backstory anywhere, but I kinda feel like I can fill in the blanks. Either way, interesting to know it's a very real story.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

How do you all feel about Gutter Phenomenon? I know a lot of people used to shit on it for being more "mainstream" or w/e but I think it has some stellar tracks."Apocalypse Now and Then" might be their best opener imo.

21. GP is about halfway down in my ranking of their records. Not really huge on the production on that one, but most of the songs are great. I think that was the first record where they actually started writing good songs instead of just constantly jamming out as hard as possible (which I'm also completely fine with haha). The guest spots are all a ton of fun too

22. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

I like Gutter Phenomenon more than most it seems. Like as soon as I found out Gerard Way guested it shot way up for me. And The New Black is just so undeniable even with it maybe being their most "mainstream" song.

24. beachdude

Is there more than this?

“Something very unfortunate happened to someone I love very much while I was away from home. It left me feeling angrier and more helpless than I have ever felt, and yet the person who it happened to completely transcended the experience. I tried to follow suit and learn to forgive but I could not. I still cannot. This song is about the karma and the undeniable human desire to seek revenge.”

25. beachdude

Just saw this post... damn...